MJ's little flock

I love the look of Brahmas but I just can't see them managing here.
They look healthy Meg. I see some picture here and while the chickens look lovely, they just seem to be missing something that I associate with health.
Thanks, Shad. They've got good access to food and range. This breed in particular are the best grasshopper hunters I've seen, which I thought was kind of odd given their size. Of course, they will stand right on my boot when I get the food scoop out!

I'd have to agree, brahmas aren't exactly speed demons :p Though, they are quite large and probably not the first one to be targeted. You should see these biddies run! It's quite comical. I'd hate to see them try to escape a predator, however...

Sandy snoozing after breakfast

Just because she deserves a special mention.

IMG20200130074501.jpg

Yep. And it was dragging on her bum feathers because there is so much floof back there I hadn't noticed how bad it had got. Much better since her trim.
Apart from what I imagine is a degree of discomfort Fat Bird and Ruffles when she was alive got uric acid rash in the summer.
Someone where I live cuts a slot in the feathers underneath the vent of his senior hens so the poop falls clear.

Apart from what I imagine is a degree of discomfort Fat Bird and Ruffles when she was alive got uric acid rash in the summer.
Someone where I live cuts a slot in the feathers underneath the vent of his senior hens so the poop falls clear.
I wasn't anywhere near that scientific.🙄 I just hacked the cement like substance away & cleared around the vent. I might try the V thing though. Shes not a girl who takes good care of her personal hygiene.

Back
Top Bottom