MJ's little flock

It's a relief. I hope her swelling from the surgical wound is down this morning. She's obviously much more cheerful and she's not rubbibg her face on her back any more. She's still shaking her head but that should slow down as the eye muck eases.
glad she is doing better. Sorry I was a little behind and had to catch up.

Well, Janet is looking quite good today but not yet fully recovered. She's very cheerful and has not bothered to snap at her friends at all. She's been sun and dust bathing and eating well. Her facial skin is much redder and the yellow patch where the lump was is smaller. The swelling around her eye and nostril has gone down by about 80%. She's still getting muck in her eye but she flings it off by shaking her head. They've all been drinking water medicated with lincospectin so I expect Janet will continue to recover and the others will vanquish any latent bacterial infections.

As for Peggy's dietary treatment, I'm struggling to get the mash + enzymes into her without the whole gang eating it too. So I checked with vet nurse who said it wouldn't matter (does that seem right to you @BY Bob ? Or will the lincospectin kill the enzymes?). That's good to know, but I still need to work on the breakfast enzyme dosing (the dinner dose is child's play). I need to get up before light to prep the breakfast dose then sneak it into the henhouse before they wake up. Then leave them in there until it's all eaten.

Well, Janet is looking quite good today but not yet fully recovered. She's very cheerful and has not bothered to snap at her friends at all. She's been sun and dust bathing and eating well. Her facial skin is much redder and the yellow patch where the lump was is smaller. The swelling around her eye and nostril has gone down by about 80%. She's still getting muck in her eye but she flings it off by shaking her head. They've all been drinking water medicated with lincospectin so I expect Janet will continue to recover and the others will vanquish any latent bacterial infections.

As for Peggy's dietary treatment, I'm struggling to get the mash + enzymes into her without the whole gang eating it too. So I checked with vet nurse who said it wouldn't matter (does that seem right to you @BY Bob ? Or will the lincospectin kill the enzymes?). That's good to know, but I still need to work on the breakfast enzyme dosing (the dinner dose is child's play). I need to get up before light to prep the breakfast dose then sneak it into the henhouse before they wake up. Then leave them in there until it's all eaten.
MJ, this is only just showing for me now but I'm so happy Janet is doing better. Hope the early rising is not too awful.

I am very glad to here that she is doing better.

It's no problem if the others eat it too. It's not going to harm them. The antibiotic should have no effect on the enzymes as well. There is nothing to worry about there. You are fine with what you are doing.

It's tough being a farmer and waking before the sun just to feed the animals, isn't it! It was no fun being Farmer Bob when the newbies came to live with us. 🌞

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom