MJ's little flock

I don't know his early history. I think the boys inherited the old farmhouse where the sax player I knew & played with was living/renting along with one or two others, so I heard about him through her, as Sam also lived there off and on too when he was East. She was originally from California and they may have had a connection from there. I don't know the history of the farmhouse, except Sam spent a period of time in the East working on this and that, while Joss was working full speed on the West Coast on his projects. The impression I got was that Sam was a brilliant creative but a sensitive type and not a "player," whereas Joss, though also creative, was much more driven and a climber, a go-getter, and maneuvered better within the corporate production scene.

So while Sam was here he gigged and wrote music, and wrote & produced the musical my DH played in. I thought the tunes were very good, the plot was fun and interesting and the orchestration was brilliant use of a chamber-sized group. I subbed for his usual bass player at one of his singer-songwriter gigs up in the Adirondacks.
Tax here too?
Peanut getting groomed around her beak, first by everyone all at once, then they left but Popcorn stayed at it and I got a picture. She had had something big and yummy and after a successful keep away chase she ate most of it, but there were obviously remnants to be had. She stood quite still and let everyone do it.
PXL_20210831_221604206.jpg

PXL_20210831_221606162.jpg

Peanut. These days she is the most aerodynamic looking, and has very smooth sleek- looking feathers. But she also is molting a bit, her tail isn't full. The leg band is coming off when I get to it. I know them generally well now by sight and sound. Peanut is a little musical flute when she talks.
PXL_20210902_174659845.jpg

Tax here too?
Peanut getting groomed around her beak, first by everyone all at once, then they left but Popcorn stayed at it and I got a picture. She had had something big and yummy and after a successful keep away chase she ate most of it, but there were obviously remnants to be had. She stood quite still and let everyone do it.
View attachment 2821234
View attachment 2821236

Peanut. These days she is the most aerodynamic looking, and has very smooth sleek- looking feathers. But she also is molting a bit, her tail isn't full. The leg band is coming off when I get to it. I know them generally well now by sight and sound. Peanut is a little musical flute when she talks.
View attachment 2821242
Those grooming shots are amazing. Definitely wall worthy. You should submit to POW. I have seen that beak grooming behavior a couple of times but never to get a picture. Love it!

Tax here too?
View attachment 2821234
View attachment 2821236

View attachment 2821242
Those grooming pictures are really special. I love those moments. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom