MJ's little flock

The Anecdotal Evendence Continues to Align

2 years ago today this Hawk almost hit my head while swooping into the yard after the chickens at my feet. I really think the vast majority of our Hawk attacks have been at this time of year. This aligns with the hawk migration patterns that @ChicoryBlue shared with us.
20191103_174032.jpg

Updated with new location for @ChicoryBlue

20211103_113709.jpg

Good evening folks :frow

A vehicle plug in, is an engine block heater.

In extreme conditions it gets so cold that the oil in the engine becomes so thick it can't work so you plug in the car to keep the engine warm so the oil does not get too cold. Once the engine is running the internal combustion keeps the oil warm.

In lesser conditions you still need engine warmers for diesel engines as the diesel fuel will have the same issue. Unlike gasoline it will also get thick at very cold temperatures and you plug in the car to warm the fuel so the engine will start.

Chicken tax
View attachment 2886663

Yes, and also a battery blanket (which keeps the battery from freezing up).
Wow! Thank you everyone! One day that knowledge may come in handy
:thumbsup

The Anecdotal Evendence Continues to Align

2 years ago today this Hawk almost hit my head while swooping into the yard after the chickens at my feet. I really think the vast majority of our Hawk attacks have been at this time of year. This aligns with the hawk migration patterns that @ChicoryBlue shared with us.
View attachment 2886731

Updated with new location for @ChicoryBlue

View attachment 2886730
It's really good to have that migration data. The visualisation is very effective. I'd also like to know N. How many birds does this data represent? Does grey indicate no data, yellow no sightings?

Back
Top Bottom