MJ's little flock

Like most two year olds, she was holding on tight throughout the elevator ride and at the point of disembarking, as the elevator rolled away beneath her, a mild panic set in and she gave me a few scratches.
"Accidentally"
At least she didn’t press all the buttons!
:lau

So someone was throwing away these panels in my street so I grabbed them. Could screw them together for a future chick pen extension on the old coop… 🤷🏻‍♀️
View attachment 2979801

The farm lady I got the girls off has messaged to say she doesn’t know who’s laying or how fertile the eggs she has are because her girls are starting to moult but if I want some bitsa eggs to try and get Belle to hatch I can have them for nothing.
I’m waiting to see Belle’s staying power this time around while I think about it 🤔
Don’t want to rush in but I also want to give Belle what she seems to really REALLY want!
Damn these ladies are hard, figure I’m letting her sit this time anyway but I can’t be home the whole time during her ordeal which has me indecisive about the operation.
The eggs, if I choose to get them, may not be viable anyway.
What if Aunty Snow pecks them to death.
What if Belle does.
*sigh*

Your experience MJ has both inspired me and put me off the idea. I’m sorry egg no.2 isn’t looking like hatching :hugs :hugs

I also think about @BY Bob’s Mal and the possibility something could happen to Belle before next season and I’ll never get to give her the chance and it saddens me as I know Bob felt with Mal.

I know you like long posts but I’m sorry for thinking aloud so much.
Excellent recycling there Scrambles. You could also use them to block off part of a garden that you want to grow back too.

I've also been inspired by MJ's egg experiment. I will have to get my head in the right space to "hope for the best and prepare for the worst" by next Spring and the next time Edwina is broody.

We are all learning so much from each other here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom