MJ's little flock

Wow! Is that your fence, their fence, or a shared fence?
It's our fence, shared by our two houses.

I haven't yet visited to introduce myself, so I'll do that with a bottle of wine then ask when they'll be fixing the fence, so I can keep the hens in that day.

Last edited:
I'm sure you don't like that at all. 😕
The worst part is the possibility of a small dog wriggling under the fence while the hens are out of the run. I'm pretty sure they don't have one but there's still a risk one might be brought in by visitors. I'll have to be more vigilant for the time being.

That is a solid looking fence to get bent - must be someone drove a truck into it or something.
They were dismantling a raised flowerbed/seating area with a high backing.

Here's a photo I took from realestate.com when the previous neighbours sold that house. You can see my rusty old red shed over the fence towards on left.

Screenshot_20220514-113437.jpg

Planning rules specify fence height. To get around that height limit, the previous neighbours installed the flower bed against the fence. The backing of the flower bed was about a foot higher than the fence. But of course there was a small gap between the fence and the backing of the flower bed. I think perhaps one or two birds or rats fell down there and couldn't get out because it became rather stinky. So I'm not surprised the new people decided to remove it, but it's a shame they damaged the fence in doing so.

With the flower bed removed, the stench is heightened. At least both households know the smell is not from the hens.

Back
Top Bottom