MJ's little flock

It took me 4. Wrong guess on on my third. It could have been 1 of 2 possibilities.

I guessed this 5-letter word in 4/6 tries.

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Can you guess this word?
https://wordlegame.org/uk?challenge=d29ydGg

Word tax
That green tomato is within reach.
20230822_193218.jpg

We made a ramp today. I used @Perris 's idea and installed non-slip under the battens.

IMG_2023-08-26-16-19-27-128.jpg

The long planks are spaced about 0.5cm for good washing.

It's hinged to the roost to go up overnight. I don't have a lux-triggered lifter but I may get one in time.

IMG_2023-08-26-18-09-27-372.jpg

Sand has been spread over the floor panels for ease of poop removal and, thinking of @BY Bob 's Hattie and @RoyalChick 's Pigletine, I've provided food and water for snacking.

5 of my dearest darlings have been carried in to sleep their first night in their fancy new roost.

IMG_2023-08-26-18-27-55-458.jpg

Only one photo because I thought even one flash was too many but couldn't resist recording the moment. I hope they dream of endless fields of tasty lettuces with mealworms inside 🤗

what lucky chickens they are to have you! :love
Oh well, their lives are not as free range as the chickens at your house, but the backyard is quite large, their run is also large, and there are only 8 of them.

The new roost has not been an easy project and I'm thrilled to have made it this far at last!

I was painting a ramp yesterday and was thinking that painting the ramp may not be good because of paint chipping, but, its too late. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled hopefully instead of the paint! My goal to make antislip last season was to sprinkle sand on top of a light coat of paint. I got paranoid that some of the sand with paint will flake off and they'll eat it 😫 Didnt think things through. I put this ramp to the side and for a week did everything to get any extra sand off. Even leaving it in the rain, ect.. It's now suitable. I need some of that anti slip material that Maryjanet has is where I was goin' with this rant, lol. Fortunately , this painted ramp is for a second coop that will house 2 hens, one that is disabled and cant use the ramp anyway 🤞🐓❤️

Attachments

• IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    1,007 KB · Views: 4
I was painting a ramp yesterday and was thinking that painting the ramp may not be good because of paint chipping, but, its too late. I'll just have to keep my eyes peeled hopefully instead of the paint! My goal to make antislip last season was to sprinkle sand on top of a light coat of paint. I got paranoid that some of the sand with paint will flake off and they'll eat it 😫 Didnt think things through. I put this ramp to the side and for a week did everything to get any extra sand off. Even leaving it in the rain, ect.. It's now suitable. I need some of that anti slip material that Maryjanet has is where I was goin' with this rant, lol. Fortunately , this painted ramp is for a second coop that will house 2 hens, one that is disabled and cant use the ramp anyway 🤞🐓❤️
Great coop! I love that shade of blue.

The non-slip came from Ikea. They sell it as an underlay for rugs. When I saw Perris had used it, I recalled there was a roll of it in the cellar going to waste.

Would your chicken with a disability do better with a staircase of shallow stairs?

Back
Top Bottom