MJ's little flock

So "fresh water, coming up to boil" was what my nana used to say. Catch it before the kettle whistles or turns itself off.
Oh! To avoid stewing black teas, make sure the water is really close to full boil. If the temperature of the water is too low, it'll stew. Also if you leave it steeping for too long, it'll stew.

So, use water close to full boiling, and by 3-5 minutes most teas will have developed all the flavour. Then you can pour a little into the cup for a colour and taste test to see if it needs to be diluted or if it needs more time steeping.

Too tanniny? Too sharp, bitter, and dry in the mouth? Try adding milk or water to bring it back to life but it might not be redeemable.

Some people like to gently agitate the pot either by stirring with a teaspoon immediately after pouring the water or by swirling the pot to get the leaves moving around in the water. Bringing each leaf into full contact with the water will help it release flavour.

None of this really matters because it's tea drinking and the core purpose of drinking tea is pleasure. So don't get caught up in the "rules" just give it a little time and see if it gives you a little joy.
I’ve been drinking tea wrong all this time! :oops: :th (And that’s not even getting into reheating!)

Good afternoon/whatever it is where you are everyone!
@MaryJanet I hope you don't mind me butting into your thread, but i thought everyone here might like to see how Bela's chicks are going :D
20231023_162427.jpg
20231023_162439.jpg
20231023_162423.jpg
20231023_162237.jpg
20231023_162231.jpg

Aww, look at those frizzle bubbas! :love Hubby will be so pleased. Are any looking like cockerels yet? There must be at least a couple.
Unfortunately, but as to be expected, yes. I think two boys and three girls out of the frizzles at this point, but its still a bit soon to be certain.
The one none frizzle looks like a little pullet. Haven't got a clue yet on the other three black copper x Sussex chicks in with them.
Trying not to get to attached, (so all the main ones you can see are the ones I think are girls) because honestly I don't think I can keep anymore cockerels.
Here's the little smooth girl; she was being a bit elusive!
20231023_162718.jpg

Unfortunately, but as to be expected, yes. I think two boys and three girls out of the frizzles at this point, but its still a bit soon to be certain.
The one none frizzle looks like a little pullet. Haven't got a clue yet on the other three black copper x Sussex chicks in with them.
Trying not to get to attached, (so all the main ones you can see are the ones I think are girls) because honestly I don't think I can keep anymore cockerels.
Here's the little smooth girl; she was being a bit elusive!View attachment 3666188
Oh she's so pretty!

Did you solve it? I can make one with fewer pieces next time if you'd like.
No, I didn't. I am ashamed! I think I need to spend more time on it. It's raining tomorrow so I will give it another try and if I fail again...then maybe you can do one with less pieces than 48 , but I can't believe I’ve become so helpless at puzzles 🤭.

No, I didn't. I am ashamed! I think I need to spend more time on it. It's raining tomorrow so I will give it another try and if I fail again...then maybe you can do one with less pieces than 48 , but I can't believe I’ve become so helpless at puzzles 🤭.
Oh MB, you are funny!

I'll make a 20 piece and a 50 piece from the same photo next weekend. That way everyone's got an option!

Back
Top Bottom