MJ's little flock

Has anyone here seen MaryJanet? I'm starting to worry about her. Covid can rebound harder just after people think they're getting better. And does she have any backup for looking after her chooks if she's incapacitated? Any news from anyone would be gratefully received.
I hope MJ "hears" you and pops on to give us some news !
I remember that her neighbours take care of her hens when she has to get away, so they would be able to help. But I sincerely hope she has just been too busy after the holidays to log on to BYC.

Has anyone here seen MaryJanet? I'm starting to worry about her. Covid can rebound harder just after people think they're getting better. And does she have any backup for looking after her chooks if she's incapacitated? Any news from anyone would be gratefully received.
I do have chook and cat backup to call upon when needed. My neighbours are very reliable people and we provide backup for each other.

The veranda demolition took way too long. Mainly because the demolition guy wasn't up to the challenge of working in the space created by the scaffolding. There are so few people willing to work on old houses, the engineer and architect had to change the plans around his capabilities :rolleyes:

But it's ready for the pour now.

IMG_2024-01-09-12-50-37-387.jpg

Last edited:
I do have chook and cat backup to call upon when needed. My neighbours are very reliable people and we provide backup for each other.

The veranda demolition took way too long. Mainly because the demolition guy wasn't up to the challenge of working in the space created by the scaffolding. There are so few people willing to work on old houses, the engineer and architect had to change the plans around his capabilities :rolleyes:

But it's ready for the pour now.

View attachment 3722606
It's nice to see you back ! Hope you are fine apart from all the stress and annoyance of the house project đź’š.

It was a bit the same here when we were having builders come over for quotes to redo the old barn's roof. Most were so scared of the demolition part and of everything tumbling down, that they either plainly refused, or showed up with quotes so high they knew we would refuse. We were lucky that a friend of my partner's dad agreed to do it.

It's nice to see you back ! Hope you are fine apart from all the stress and annoyance of the house project đź’š.

It was a bit the same here when we were having builders come over for quotes to redo the old barn's roof. Most were so scared of the demolition part and of everything tumbling down, that they either plainly refused, or showed up with quotes so high they knew we would refuse. We were lucky that a friend of my partner's dad agreed to do it.
I previously had no idea demolition was such careful work. I had wrongly assumed it was all smash and crash and jump out the way.

Back
Top Bottom