MJ's little flock

I made another Saturday morning video of the hens and it's packed with action! Unfortunately it's not packed with anything approaching skilled video making. My apologies.

I wanted to just delete it, but the hens did so many interesting things, I just couldn't.

You have created such a lovely area for them MJ.

You have created such a lovely area for them MJ.
Thank you RC. The hens seem to like it. I try to give them things to do and think about. I'm going to put some of the excess building sand in there today and it should keep them busy for a while. They seem to find anything new absolutely fascinating for days.

Very rarely, they stay in the run all day. Only when I'm not home and lately that's been once a year for two nights. Almost every day they get out for a bit of fossicking in the garden.

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well!
I haven't been around on byc much lately, as have a lot of stuff going on in my 'real' life. (mostly very good, growing up kind of stuff)
But I thought everyone would like an up date on Bela and G-man, and the little Bela chicks.

Everyone is doing very well, although Bela seems to be having a bit of feather trouble in the moment 🤨 I think his frizzle feathers are just a bit more delicate, and have been breaking off. Waiting for him to moult and sort them out. Is very health and 'active' (maybe thats partly the problem?) in every other way. He is also not a fan of the camera.
G-man is looking quite nice and solid these days.
Both boys still really love each other, sometimes more then there hens it seems like!
And then we have these three girls, all black, black with gold collar, and this (really pretty, the photo doesn't do her justice, but also extremely shy) greyish, whitish thing 🥹
Who really need names bty, if anyone feels like it :D
These was another little girl, the smooth feather one, but very sadly something took her one day. All I found was a pile of feathers....that was a while ago now.

Attachments

• 20240201_184204.jpg
    20240201_184204.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240201_184157.jpg
    20240201_184157.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • 20240201_182923.jpg
    20240201_182923.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240201_182824.jpg
    20240201_182824.jpg
    825.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240201_182513.jpg
    20240201_182513.jpg
    877.5 KB · Views: 7
I haven't been around on byc much lately, as have a lot of stuff going on in my 'real' life. (mostly very good, growing up kind of stuff)
But I thought everyone would like an up date on Bela and G-man, and the little Bela chicks.

Everyone is doing very well, although Bela seems to be having a bit of feather trouble in the moment 🤨 I think his frizzle feathers are just a bit more delicate, and have been breaking off. Waiting for him to moult and sort them out. Is very health and 'active' (maybe thats partly the problem?) in every other way. He is also not a fan of the camera.
Both boys still really love each other, sometimes more then there hens it seems like!
And then we have these three girls, all black, black with gold collar, and this (really pretty, the photo doesn't do her justice, but also extremely shy) greyish, whitish thing 🥹
These was another little girl, the smooth feather one, but very sadly something took her one day. All I found was a pile of feathers....that was a while ago now.
Hello! It's lovely to hear from you.

Every time you share photos, I'm reminded of your chickens' really beautiful environment. It looks like they'd find bugs all day long.

Edie and Ivy at my place are having summer moults. Ivy dropped a dozen or so feathers last night and is looking a little unkempt.

IMG_2024-02-03-19-58-54-224.jpg

That grey pullet is a very cute.

Hey Sussex, so nice to hear from you! Thank you so much for sharing and lovely to see Bela’s daughters, although I know you were really sad about the ones that were taken.

That is a bizarre moult Bela is having! 😟 Hopefully they will grow back better than before.

Angel and Snowy are fine, although they’re both broody! Snowy is my stubbornest broody ever, I think she is coming up to six weeks!

23B5D263-395C-4084-B2D9-A79CC4FBD6E0.jpeg

7066F877-51F8-4139-95CF-7AED465ED693.jpeg

MJ, I took the nests away and it STILL hasn’t deterred her! :he

Back
Top Bottom