MJ's little flock

Hey Sussex, so nice to hear from you! Thank you so much for sharing and lovely to see Bela’s daughters, although I know you were really sad about the ones that were taken.

That is a bizarre moult Bela is having! 😟 Hopefully they will grow back better than before.

Angel and Snowy are fine, although they’re both broody! Snowy is my stubbornest broody ever, I think she is coming up to six weeks!

View attachment 3739528

View attachment 3739529

MJ, I took the nests away and it STILL hasn’t deterred her! :he
I've read that bantams are committed broodies and when I think about the various flocks I've come to know on byc, I have to agree. Merle in France and Snowy are the stand outs.

At my place, Ivy and Edie are the focussed broodies but they're easy to discourage with a little nest disruption and a couple of nights on the roost.

Katie jumped up on the arm of the bench. She loves being up there!

IMG_2024-02-04-07-09-06-038.jpg

And I've made a puzzle for anyone who might enjoy it :)

The hard version is 140 pieces.

And the easy version is 35 pieces.
That was great!
What a lovely picture - and I loved how it emerged for me as I did the puzzle. It was a good degree of difficulty for me - I needed a cup and a half of tea to get through it with some unfortunate help from Nightshade who rearranged all the pieces at one point - did you know there is a button for shuffling the pieces?!
Thank you for that.

Hey Sussex, so nice to hear from you! Thank you so much for sharing and lovely to see Bela’s daughters, although I know you were really sad about the ones that were taken.

That is a bizarre moult Bela is having! 😟 Hopefully they will grow back better than before.

Angel and Snowy are fine, although they’re both broody! Snowy is my stubbornest broody ever, I think she is coming up to six weeks!

View attachment 3739528

View attachment 3739529

MJ, I took the nests away and it STILL hasn’t deterred her! :he
😳 She looks very determent and stubborn. Very glad they are both doing well!
I hope her nieces (are they her nieces?) don't take after her; her I have enough hens that want to go broody as it is!

And know, its odd with Belas feathers. I'm a little worried about him, but nothing else seems wrong at all. And he isn't worried in anyway by it. While there is a few new ones growing in, not as many as there should be if he was molting, so thinking they have more broken off and the feather shaft is still in the skin, the same as when a hen get a bare back from a rooster. I was actually wondering if its possible he is a little more frazzle then a frizzle.

I had no idea!
Me neither.

But with one swipe of his paw Nightshade found that button and undid my sorting of pieces.
It doesn’t disconnect pieces you have connected but if you are clustering pieces by similar parts of the picture (like all that straw) it completely shuffles them.
He did it twice.
He purred loudly so he was obviously happy with his work!

Me neither.

But with one swipe of his paw Nightshade found that button and undid my sorting of pieces.
It doesn’t disconnect pieces you have connected but if you are clustering pieces by similar parts of the picture (like all that straw) it completely shuffles them.
He did it twice.
He purred loudly so he was obviously happy with his work!
Nightshade!

:barnie

Back
Top Bottom