MJ's little flock

Posts!

1707887093586.jpg

18 months ! You'll be certainly glad to get your living room back !
But maybe you'll have to wait until the veranda is done for the party.

I've had eggs looking like Katie's from Nougat when she was younger and now from Annette. While the shells were a bit fragile I don't think it was due to any problem.

I find Katie's fancy colour really beautiful. Can you remind me what it is called ?

I've had eggs looking like Katie's from Nougat when she was younger and now from Annette. While the shells were a bit fragile I don't think it was due to any problem.

I find Katie's fancy colour really beautiful. Can you remind me what it is called ?
Well, the house is huge so I haven't missed the space and it's given me lots of time to think about how to furnish it once it's no longer needed to support the veranda project.

The thing that worried me was that the little sharp bumps on the shell aligned with the speckles. That seemed odd.

Speckles on their own wouldn't catch my attention except to think it's pretty. Bumps on the shell also wouldn't bother me much.

But the two together seemed very odd.

Anyway, yes, I call that colour egg speckled. She usually lays brown eggs with very tiny speckles.

I just realised you were asking about her feathers!

She's a blue laced gold Barnevelder. But I'm not fussed about whether the hens are "good" examples of their colour. I just love them as they are.

Here's another hen with her colour.

Wow MJ, what a great and long lasting thread you created with lots of support of course.
I don’t know why I always succeeded to miss it. :confused: But I suppose I will start to follow it from now in. And even read a few more pages from several years ago.
Hello! Welcome! I'm glad you've found it :D

Hmmm I might put long timber planter boxes across the front of the veranda, either side of the old steps. It'll soften the edge. But I'll have the consider how best to water them.
Do you have an outside tap?
People in the Netherlands who find hand watering to much trouble often use ‘punched’ or soaker hoses for effective watering. 💦

You can dril small holes in a hose or buy so called soaker hoses for slow drip irrigation.

Back
Top Bottom