Monster Cookies (3 recipes)

yinepu

Crowing
8 Years
Jun 16, 2011
Texas where we don't feed the Trolls...
We tend to go with whichever recipe I have the ingredients on hand for... Since there are so many variations of the Monster Cookie recipe I figured I would put the 3 we have used the most here. Feel free to add your variations!

Monster Cookies #1

Ingredients:
1 stick unsalted butter (1/4 pound), softened to room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
scant 1/2 tsp baking soda
scant 1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups quick oats
1 cup M&Ms
1 cup chocolate chips
(any other variations you have on hand and want to toss in: white chocolate chips, coconut, chopped pecans and so on)

Cooking Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF

2. Line two baking sheets with parchment (baking) paper and set aside.

3. Cream butter and sugars together for about 3 minutes. Add peanut butter, eggs, then vanilla, beating after each addition. In a separate bowl combine the baking soda, flour, and salt. Mix the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture, blending just to combine.

4. Fold in the quick oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips and any other variations (white chocolate chips, coconut, nuts and so on) that aren't listed in the recipe but you want to toss in.

5. Roll balls of dough (about 2 tbsp / cookie.. you can use a cookie scoop or small ice cream scoop) and place on baking sheets. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Cookies will appear under done. Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

Monster Cookies #2

Ingredients:
2 sticks (1/2 Pound) Butter (salted) Softened
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, Packed
2 whole Large Eggs
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
2 teaspoons Kosher Salt
1 1/2 cup Oats (either Quick Or Regular)
1/2 cup M&Ms (more To Taste)
1/2 cup Pecans, Chopped (more To Taste)
3/4 cups Chocolate Chips (milk Or Semi-sweet)
1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips
2 1/4 cups Rice Krispies

Cooking Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 ºF.

2. Cream butter with sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.

3. Add vanilla and beat.

4. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt. Add to sugar mixture and mix till combined. Add in remaining ingredients in whatever quantity you prefer. You can also add in things like white chocolate chips or coconut!

5. Add Rice Krispies at the very end, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix! I have found that mixing by hand (not an electric mixer) helps to keep the cookies from spreading too much as they bake.

6. Use a small ice cream scoop / cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet.
Bake for about 9 to 10 minutes. You want them to start to turn brown. Don't overbake though unless you like rock hard cookies!

Monster Cookies #3

Ingredients:
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter (at room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
3/4 cup M&Ms
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 peanut butter chips
plus any variations you have on hand that you want to toss in (white chocolate chips, coconut, chopped pecans or walnuts)

Cooking Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ºF

2. Combine the butter, brown and white sugars in a large bowl using a hand/stand mixer or your hands. Mix in the peanut butter then add the egg and vanilla, mixing again once they are in thebowl.

3. In a separate bowl, combine the baking soda and flour. Add the flour mix to the moist ingredients and mix. Then stir in the oats, m&ms, chocolate chips and peanut butter chips (and other variations you want to toss in).

4. Scoop using a cookie scoop (measuring about 2 tablespoons) onto a cookie sheet lined with a baking mat or baking parchment.

Bake for 9-10 minutes but no longer. You want these to stay soft. They won't look like they are quite done. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes then move to a cooling rack.

I made recipe #2 this past weekend! It was so yummy! My girls, husband and FIL LOVED them! I got so many compliments and FIL took some home with him! Thank you for posting it!

glad you liked them
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom