Mottled, Splash, Jubilee, Spangled and Speckled?

IMG0048.gif

Mille fleur is common in many breeds, but for whatever reason I've only seen it in bantams. Wouldn't a mille fleur standard rock or cochin be awesome?! Or how about a brahma?

You've hit on my favorite color patterns.
smile.png

"Mottled" (as in cochins) is black -- or sometimes blue -- background with white feathers scattered throughout.

"Speckled" (as in Sussex) is a mahogany background with white feather tips, WITH black coloring between the white and mahogany colors.

"Jubilee" (as in British orpingtons) and "Mille Fleur" (as in D'Uccles), so far as I can tell, are basically the same as speckled but more regularly spaced, and on a lighter background.

"Spangled" (as in Hamburgs) is a white or gold bird with black feather tips.

And you also should review "Splash" (found in many breeds), which is white with scattered blue feathers.

And there's also "Exchequer" (as in Leghorns), which is white with black feathers scattered throughout, but NOT in the same genetic family as splash so far as I know.

There's also Anconas......but right now I don't know what you call their color pattern!
Thnx! For "spangled", isn't it including Neck or Saddle & Tail Hackles of a Dominique type of plumage pattern tht is small stripes if alternating dark& light colours such as gold & black or blue, and have a tip of white or ivory making the bird body plumage fancy, decorated, like a Jubilee looks

Back
Top Bottom