Moving....and once agian I want chickens....

Songster
Dec 30, 2019
Sandy springs Atlanta Georgia USA
Hello feather freinds! I think I said a while ago that I wouldn't be getting chickens agian cuz I was moving....welp that was a lie....
I HAVE CHICKEN FEVER OKAY?!?
well, we are moving agian and my chicken fever has begun...so we are gonna be moving to peurto rico and my family has agreed to 4 chickens and two call ducks [ Pekins kinda failed ]. The leader of the hoise hold told us the breeds he wants and I made a chart.
1 Americana roo
1 Americana hen
1 copper Maran hen
1 Rhode island red hen [we love our RIRs]
2 call duck hens
So, with that said anyone know where I could gets some chick's and ducklings in PR? And also any tips for raising little peeps here? Predators I should worry about? Any changes in the coop style I shoud use? Should I start using sand at the bottom or keep up with the aspen? Any problems with the particular breeds I selected in PR?/problems in general?

Basically I'm asking a bunch of questions....so yup. Also if you say anything mean I'm going to ignore you FYI...

Kay, thanks for your time!

Hello feather freinds! I think I said a while ago that I wouldn't be getting chickens agian cuz I was moving....welp that was a lie....
I HAVE CHICKEN FEVER OKAY?!?
well, we are moving agian and my chicken fever has begun...so we are gonna be moving to peurto rico and my family has agreed to 4 chickens and two call ducks [ Pekins kinda failed ]. The leader of the hoise hold told us the breeds he wants and I made a chart.
1 Americana roo
1 Americana hen
1 copper Maran hen
1 Rhode island red hen [we love our RIRs]
2 call duck hens
So, with that said anyone know where I could gets some chick's and ducklings in PR? And also any tips for raising little peeps here? Predators I should worry about? Any changes in the coop style I shoud use? Should I start using sand at the bottom or keep up with the aspen? Any problems with the particular breeds I selected in PR?/problems in general?

Basically I'm asking a bunch of questions....so yup. Also if you say anything mean I'm going to ignore you FYI...

Kay, thanks for your time!
I *think* Ideal hatchery in Texas will ship chicks to PR. They have a $30 minimum order which is more like 6-7 chicks though. Maybe you could get a few more or give a couple to neighbors? They don’t have Copper Marans pullets but they have cuckoo and blue cuckoo Marans.

I *think* Ideal hatchery in Texas will ship chicks to PR. They have a $30 minimum order which is more like 6-7 chicks though. Maybe you could get a few more or give a couple to neighbors? They don’t have Copper Marans pullets but they have cuckoo and blue cuckoo Marans.
Hmmm that would be a good place to start....problem is the family is super excited about copper marans....so getting chicks from the hatchery in the other breeds first is definitely an option...but I may also manage to find another that sells them! Thanks!

I'm still figuring out how to have chickens/get them over there safely.
When are you moving?
How are you traveling to PR?
Have you asked them if you can bring live chickens along?
Have you inquired of PR ag whether you can bring live chickens there?
You may have to wait until you get there.
.....and gotta ask, are you a minor or an adult?

Back
Top Bottom