Mr. Goose bit me(edited..) AGAIN!!!!

chickensducks&agoose

Songster
11 Years
Aug 28, 2008
New England.. the cold part.
My Chinese gander took grave offense to being picked up for the neighbor to pat.... OUCH! However, I am glad the bite wasn't a bit lower... mega-ouch!
15081_0915091546.jpg

Today, (9/18/09), i was pouring water out of a 5 gal bucket into his rubber bowl so they could wash down their night-time dogfood treat, and he attacked the bucket! He was freaking out and trying to kill it, so i turned sideways to put the bucket down, outside the pen, and he attacked ME!!! flapping and screaming, and gave me an awful bruise right above my knee... DANG... I'm beginning to reconsider how nice I am to Mr. Goose....

Last edited:
Mr.Gander needs to meet the oven! ... lol
i can just imagine the neighbour

"It's ok really pet him, he's so nice , go on pet him "

"Oh ok then "

"wat the hen's bum! you wee skunk bag"

I used to have those marks up and down the backs of my legs (and a few on the forearms)
big_smile.png
thanks to Pinhead, the evil Toulouse gander. I still loved him, though. He was just being a gander, and I was interfering with his flock (well, I was walking away from him, and that's when he got brave
big_smile.png
)

Quote:
My khaki duck is starting to think she's all that... She flies up at the dog, but she only chases after me.
lol.png

Stupid duck.

I love geese though, I just wish I could get some more soon.
hmm.png

I just love this time of year when the pet goose babies come of age and want to fight the owner for the top of the pecking order! the more you babied and petted the less respect they have for you. You have to establish that you are the boss before the contests begin. Now to live them you have to convince them that you are the boss and there are few things more pig-headed than a gander who is staring to feel the effects of the hormones kicking in.

my cousin/neighbor had a goose name George who used to chase my daughter up onto the back deck. She was about 13. one day after he got a piece of her she turned around grabbed the first thing handy (hose head big ole heavy brass one ) and whipped it at George, well she was never athletic or good at throwing a baseball but she managed to knock George right in the head. As a matter of fact she thought she knocked his head right off. cause he looked headless for a second. She felt soo bad for about 2 seconds till George got a second wind and a vengeance

I have a white chinese gander that thought he was all mighty as well. All I had to do was grab him by the neck, lift him and stare him down. I let him go, and now he gets petted at my feet while he is trying to be all Mr Macho. But he does not attack anymore.

Back
Top Bottom