shessowitte

Songster
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
Missouri
My Muscovies at 12 weeks, interested in hearing from other Muscovy folks what they think the colors might be?

Left to Right (by feet, not heads):
June, Helen, Mother Maybelle, Johnny (photo bomb by Trixie)

F931DCEF-BD1B-4DF6-ACEA-6AE799167E07.jpeg
9263A023-5FC5-4A0C-90D9-168AE7A68FBD.jpeg

Wow such beautiful scovies :love

It looks to me what I'd call two blues and two chocolates. In fact, the 'chocolates' look very similar to what my girl Aspen is (my profile pic) and I've heard her color called lots of different names. The breeder we got her from called her fawn, I've seen someone say buff, blue fawn, and chocolate.

I guess it'd be June and Johnny are the blues, and the other two are 'chocolate'. That's what I call mine. In my experience the color they feather in as is the color they'll stay. The chocolates/buffs/blue fawns may sun bleach as mine has. Not sure if that's what you're asking about...

It looks to me what I'd call two blues and two chocolates. In fact, the 'chocolates' look very similar to what my girl Aspen is (my profile pic) and I've heard her color called lots of different names. The breeder we got her from called her fawn, I've seen someone say buff, blue fawn, and chocolate.

I guess it'd be June and Johnny are the blues, and the other two are 'chocolate'. That's what I call mine. In my experience the color they feather in as is the color they'll stay. The chocolates/buffs/blue fawns may sun bleach as mine has. Not sure if that's what you're asking about...
Those are lilac, a combination of blue and chocolate. True chocolates won't have blue tones

Thank you for the kind response. It’s not a big deal, just a first time duck keeper parlor game. I’m thrilled with whatever they become, just love talking to folks about them.

Back
Top Bottom