Muscovy keepers share your pics!

It looks normal for now, ones they start growing wing/flight feathers is when you'll see right away cuz it'll be completely odd looking.. I wouldn't worry *yet*
1f60c.png
[COLOR=333333]I'm wondering if my little one is getting angel wing or if her wing dings are normal. I took this last night, maybe those who have had to deal with angel wings can tell.[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333](Sorry for the photo overload & the black border video, I turned the phone but it still is wonky:rolleyes: )[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]

someone keep me sane! Thursday afternoon i went out to remove eggs our broody hen gave up on and the little muscovy duck egg was peeping! I brought it in and made a make shift incubator. Its pipped open enough to breath and time will tell if this baby makes it.Iv been chanting the Mighty Ducks call "quak quak quak" Keeping hopfull! :S This is one tough baby

I have fashioned a clay bowl inside a metal dish of water.This wicks moisture and keeps up humidity. Wrapped the tank in a thermal camping mat and added some egg cartons around the bowl. I think the bulb in running 100watts(adjustable dimmer bulb in a standard desk lamp) Left a opening on the top so it didnt overheat and sat the egg in a warm hat inside the bowl.Iv not left the house much (left once with a ducky sitter to keep en eye on temps) lol. Last night the baby started light chattering on and off (doesnt sound distressed) i peeked in the pip hole this morning and i cant see any veins in the membrane :D This is day 34.The egg got cool several times before i brought it in im hoping it will hatch soon :D :D :D Say a ducky prayer plz!

ps your ducks are adorable!

someone keep me sane! Thursday afternoon i went out to remove eggs our broody hen gave up on and the little muscovy duck egg was peeping! I brought it in and made a make shift incubator. Its pipped open enough to breath and time will tell if this baby makes it.Iv been chanting the Mighty Ducks call "quak quak quak" Keeping hopfull! :S This is one tough baby

I have fashioned a clay bowl inside a metal dish of water.This wicks moisture and keeps up humidity. Wrapped the tank in a thermal camping mat and added some egg cartons around the bowl. I think the bulb in running 100watts(adjustable dimmer bulb in a standard desk lamp) Left a opening on the top so it didnt overheat and sat the egg in a warm hat inside the bowl.Iv not left the house much (left once with a ducky sitter to keep en eye on temps) lol. Last night the baby started light chattering on and off (doesnt sound distressed) i peeked in the pip hole this morning and i cant see any veins in the membrane :D This is day 34.The egg got cool several times before i brought it in im hoping it will hatch soon :D :D :D Say a ducky prayer plz!

ps your ducks are adorable!
I hope it makes it, watch that membrane if it starts looking brownsih it maybe drying out and you might have to pull if open so duckling can breathe and continue hatching.
@casportpony is good with hatching Muscovy's maybe she'll off some advise. anyway to check humidity?

its beak is open and out of the membrane right next to the pip.I was hesitant to assist opening because i didn't want the membrane to dry up.Its big enough i can see the membrane around the baby.Yesterday it was still clear and veiny today its mostly just clear and i cant see veins at least on the end that i can see into.I figured id let it be unless it started struggling and trying to get out.....If i speak to it it gives me a few chirps and once and a while it startsmaking sounds similar to what my chickens do at night when they are going to sleep. Iv got the humidity around 70-90% mostly staying around 90 unless i have to open up the top a bit to cool it down

Last edited:
mum gave away charlie and milo to this lady but she said if i change my mind, i can have them back but i will have to move outta the house first

Back
Top Bottom