My 2 holland lop bucks!

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
ve3agamu.jpg

Here are my daughters bunnies. They each have their own and take full responsibility for them and do an outstanding job! These boys even get 1/2 the day play time in the kitchen with a made up obstacle course.

For anyone that knows male bunnies, they know that they have raging hormones!!!! Oh my, they mate with everything!

Anyway, I'm getting these two fixed next month. The dark one laying down is a year old, the other about 4 months old. The first vet I called wanted $295-320 per bunny for a neuter.:/. I just about fell out of my chair with that outrageous price. I found my old vet in my old town that charges $65 per bunny to get fixed! A much better rate!

Even though these two like each other, they are homed next to each other in separate housing. I don't want them fighting. These bunnies are pretty awesome. I love watching them flip in the air and zoom all around at play time. We are working on potty training the new Brocken colored bunny as the older one has been potty trained for a while now. Also they stay in the kitchen on their own. These guys have pretty neat personalities.

Last edited:
Congrats on a couple of cute buns and a couple of great kids!
yesss.gif

I don't know why it seems that some vets think rabbits are gold-plated.
roll.png
I know they are tricky to anesthetize, but $300 for non-invasive surgery is a bit much (shoot, people who seriously farm Angoras don't even use local anesthesia, any more than they do when neutering any other farm animal).
hide.gif
Not that I'm advocating that sort of thing for pets, but come on, people, $300?

BTW, the dark bun's color is Tortoiseshell, also simply called Tort. It is probably the most common color in Holland Lops - I'd say that at least 80% of the Hollands I have seen have been either Torts or Broken Torts. The other one is (to me, anyway) a more interesting color. He is a variation on the harlequin pattern that is called a Black Magpie - not a Broken, at all. It isn't a showable color, but to a Harlequin (the breed, not just the color/pattern) breeder like myself, it's always interesting to see it.
smile.png

Thank you so much for the info! We knew absolutely nothing about bunnies when we brought the one home last year. These boys are for pets only, we won't show them. Although we do have papers for both. We find it amazing that bunnies can be trained to an extent. They are very happy boys and both have different personalities. I know that I personally do not want to breed, that's why we went with two boys. I also heard that the bucks are tamer, but I have no experience. These two boys are pretty spoiled.:p

I'm so surprised that each bunny strongly bonded to the each of the girls. I will be happy once they are both fixed. :). They are going to a good vets office too! It wasn't easy finding a place that fixes bunnies. It's even harder finding a vet who will see the chickens in an emergency too.

Back
Top Bottom