My birds are like sneaky teens

BreeShu

Songster
5 Years
Jun 10, 2018
The signs have been all over. From eaten seedlings in the garden to fresh piles of poop on my back steps. The chickens have been slipping out of the redone run. I installed outdoor cameras over the weekend that alert my phone of movement. Unsurprisingly I'm finding my usual wandering culprits have found their way out again. What I find fascinating is that they wait till I leave for work to jump the fence. And around the time I come home they return to the rest of the flock in the run. They even have the audacity to beg at the gate to be let out like they weren't already free roaming.

Oh, naughty birds! It sounds like it's time to wing clip or netting. At least they're going over and not under. Their dust-bathing next to the fence can be a secret escape plan if you don’t watch them. :lol:

Oh, naughty birds! It sounds like it's time to wing clip or netting. At least they're going over and not under. Their dust-bathing next to the fence can be a secret escape plan if you don’t watch them. :lol:
Oh they were going under originally. A very determined groundhog would tear a whole in the fencing weekly to get to their feeders. I've changed up the feeders and wrapped the lower two feet of fence in a thicker gauge wire. Now the most stubborn are going over. And yes, I think it's time for clipping.

1000002464.jpg
1000002461.jpg

I guess one of them decided to lay on top of the overhead chicken wire where I put a new raised outdoor box. So close but not quite!

Back
Top Bottom