my chicken attacked by someone

thanks and there are a few "druggies" who live behind my grandmothers house where i used to live(its a big 5 bedroom house where my 2 uncles and 4/3 aunties and my grandfather and grandmother and 1 and another baby cousins live) but im a bit scared because there have been many shootings in my time and they have dogs,big ones, like pitbulls and stuff and they always smoke stuff, not tobbaco and sometimes you get like 20 and 30 guys at their house so its a little no to go to the police

I'm sorry for this big ordeal. It sounds like you don't want to get these guys in trouble since they will most likely retaliate. I understand and I'm really sorry.

If these boys you suspect that live behind your grandmothers house are older then you, they will most likely move out in a few years. Maybe you can start your flock then.

Maybe you can find a way to lock up your chickens. We have a run with a door and a lock. Only we can get to our chickens. I worry about kids at night going into the coop. It happens no matter where you live.

I hope you can get your flock soon. I'm sure you will have them in your future, chickens eggs taste really good and the hens are pretty neat pets. I love little chicks too.

Last edited:
thanks and also i came up with something,could i keep a single broody hen in my room or cellar and get her to go to a rooster every now and then and buy eggs for her to sit,or would she die??????
thanks for reading

You can keep her alone, but depending on personality, she may get noisy wanting a buddy to be with. She won't die. Your hen might just be fine being alone.

The best thing to do is put fertile eggs from buying them or someone giving you free fertilized eggs instead of her seeing a rooster every now and again. It's impossible to know when they will go broody. Some broodies will even quit on sitting on eggs half way through developing. I have neighbors willing to give me fertile eggs any time if I wanted.

There are people on this site who have house chickens. You could even buy or have a chicken diaper made for you. There is patterns available for free if you have a family member that knows how to sew. They can get pretty noisy though.

I have a hen that would be a perfect house chicken. She is always alone and I let her roam outside our coop/run inside our garage to get her free space. This hen prefers to be alone. When I use to free range, she was always far away from the group near the house. I can't free range anymore due to coyotes eating my hens. This hen loves being by herself.

about the coyotes, why dont you get an aseel??? back in pakistan dogs dont dare to attack hens while an aseel is around,or you can just get a brave roo. my friends bantam roo used to fight cats and foxes when they used to grab a partridge which he also had and the roo used to always win

if my neighbours would let me keep a loud cockeral i would have got an aseel and then watch them try to pull its tail and get their asses beat, i kept a dutch bantam which the idiots plucked but i bet they wouldnt have even touched a full size aseel

i just wanted some small cute chickens and some small cute chicks i dont know what my sin was, i wanted them for around three years. i feel so sad and upset
Aww, It is depressing and sad. How bout a small cop and pen right up against the house? Usually people in populated areas do that. You did not pay for a sin. Some demented person just targeted harming your chickens.

A few years ago, I live in a big racing pigeon area, and this couple hired these teenagers that lived next door to take care of the pigeons. Those teens tortured and killed 15 of his pigeons. These are big money pigeons. They found the knife in the 2 kids' yard. Talk about psychos. I then met a lady who said she lived across the street, and once then hung her rooster in a tree and tortured it. There are really sick people out there. File a report, it may come in handy. Your age has nothing to do with it.

That is animal cruelty, destruction of private property and probably falls under lewd behavior at the very least!
How disgusting and demented! That type if person will become worse over time. Jeffrey Daumer??
I'd report it in a heartbeat. I'd even report it to the local news station.
Okay that is animal cruelty . Who would want to do that!!!That's just sad chickens are cute they don't deserve to be harassed !!!!

Back
Top Bottom