My Chicken Has Blue Eyes - Does Yours?

alohachickens

Crowing
15 Years
Dec 14, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I hatched a chick out that has blue/orange marbled eyes - just like an Aussie dog! I was wondering if anyone else has ever had something like this happen? If so, I would love to see pictures! Please share photos of any blue eyes in chickens. There was an older thread from 2010 about blue eyes in chickens, but the photo links were no longer good, so I could not see the pics. :(

I took a TON of photos to document this - prepare for photo spam! LOL.

Her right.

Right side.

Left side

Left again.

Right 3/4 view

Front.

Left 3/4 view.

Bright sun.

Last edited:
Here are pics of both sides. Her pedigree is about half Swedish Flower, and half Aloha, which is my own breeding program that is a mix of many strains, heavily mottled. (Mix includes Exchequer, Speckled Sussex, New Hampshire Red, Old English Game, Mexican Game, a trace of Buff Rock, and a little bit of mystery chicken.)

The funny thing is, I have hatched some chicks with even MORE white than this one, but this is the only one who had the blue eyes?

hey we got some chicks from you and they are coming along just fine! we wanted to see how many males we had so we tried to feather sex them and found that we had about 5 that were males. Three of them died. One we killed because he couldnt stand anymore
sad.png
and would keep losing his balance . does anyone know why???? We helped one that wasn't getting enough water (he/she was forced out of the shell) and it is doing really well. Thanks for the chicks!!!!!!!!!!!
clap.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif

hey we got some chicks from you and they are coming along just fine! we wanted to see how many males we had so we tried to feather sex them and found that we had about 5 that were males. Three of them died. One we killed because he couldnt stand anymore:(  and would keep losing his balance . does anyone know why???? We helped one that wasn't getting enough water (he/she was forced out of the shell) and it is doing really well. Thanks for the chicks!!!!!!!!!!! :clap :ya :hugs

Back
Top Bottom