My chicken just got attacked by my dog. HELP!!!

Pics

Animals45

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 8, 2018
My chicken just got attacked by my dog, What do I do?? Her leg may be broken, but I'm not sure... Here are some photos if this will help! There is a big wound on her back. I stopped the bleeding though. She won't eat and is just lying there....
DSC02297 (1).JPG
DSC02300 (1).JPG

She is in shock. Can you drive? What kind of medical supplies do you already have?
Normal course of action would be to rinse the wound clear of debris and apply neosporin or Vetricyn for anti-microbial purposes. I'd also give her a direct dose of 1mL of NutriDrench for energy.

After initial treatment, she should be kept in a calm, quiet, warm, dark place for recovery. Antibiotics such as PenG can be used to stave off infection but really should be a last resort.

She is in shock. Can you drive? What kind of medical supplies do you already have?
Normal course of action would be to rinse the wound clear of debris and apply neosporin or Vetricyn for anti-microbial purposes. I'd also give her a direct dose of 1mL of NutriDrench for energy.

After initial treatment, she should be kept in a calm, quiet, warm, dark place for recovery. Antibiotics such as PenG can be used to stave off infection but really should be a last resort.
She is eating now. I can't drive cause my mom went out and I'm here alone....

I don't really have any medical supplies...I cleaned the wound with peroxide and wrapped it...

Back
Top Bottom