My chicken was attacked by another a few hours ago, her comb has been partially ripped from the back of her head, and her crown seems bloody. Advice?

Gosh I am so sorry. I just went thru this with my chicken except was attacked by a raccoon.

Chicken attacked by raccoon, shock (warning graphic pictures)​

Search my thread which had a lot of good suggestions. Just some thoughts, I am thinking your chicken was attacked first by some animal, and the rooster was pecking as well due to the blood on her head. Looking at your fence, seems to not be secured to the ground. Believe me I have been going thru my coop like crazy, since the attack so I am PSDT about this. When I first found her wounded in the coop my other two surviving chickens were pecking at her. I also lost two others. So be sure your coop is safe. As would be sad if there was an animal attack first, could return. I also noticed my chicken's eyes at first were swollen and she didn't feel well so her eyelids were closed. Took a day before I could see if her eyes are okay. US you are no longer to get but if you can find an antibiotic, such as Oxytetracycline for farm animals available such a farm store where you buy the chicken food would be great to get her on. After cleaning the wounds with Hydroperoxide only once, used Neosporin non aspirin, that you can pick up at the store. Also grab a syringe if you don't have one. I mixed one part water with antibiotic and another with wet chicken food. I pretty much forced fed her with these two with the syringe to the side of her beak and she did drink this way with both, every few hours. If she will not accept, Google how to correctly give water when forcing beak open. Very scary to not choke them. I also kept my chicken separate, in a warm environment and still recovering there. as I am typing. I agree with the blue spray, which I am planning on buying as well. Best of luck, as I can say I am going thru the same thing at this time. Also, somebody on my post mentioned to put an ointment in her eyes as well, I just can't remember what they suggested.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom