My chickens keep pecking each other!!

4chickens4life

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2021
Southwestern United States
Help!! My chickens keep pecking each other and won’t stop. I’ve put on the pick no more lotion, they still peck. I put on hen healer, and they STILL peck. I have 4 chickens and I keep them in a 25 square foot run, however, we have a very large backyard and I let them out in that for most of the day so they have room. All my chickens keep pecking at each other, and it seems that no matter what I do, they don’t and won’t stop. My chickens seem to be relatively happy, they’re all laying eggs everyday still. I do not want to get rid or kill them. Please help me!

Last edited:
Sometimes it helps to give them more protein-- chick starter or game bird starter can be a good source of extra protein. (Just be sure they have a dish of oyster shell for calcium: that is the only extra thing laying hens need if they eat chick starter.)

Sometimes it helps to give them something else to think about--maybe a pile of weeds or compost or even a bale of straw to dig through and pick at.

Also check to parasites like lice or mites.

There's usually an "edit" button at the bottom of your post, so you can go back and correct it if you need to.
Sometimes it helps to give them more protein-- chick starter or game bird starter can be a good source of extra protein. (Just be sure they have a dish of oyster shell for calcium: that is the only extra thing laying hens need if they eat chick starter.)

Sometimes it helps to give them something else to think about--maybe a pile of weeds or compost or even a bale of straw to dig through and pick at.

Also check to parasites like lice or mites.
Thank you!

I recommend trying to distract them while they are fighting with something like a treat ball or just something to get their focus off of pecking each other. I've had this problem before and throwing some food or just treats at them kinda distracts them from the fight.

Back
Top Bottom