My chickies are so smart!!

Amethyste

For Love of Boo...
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
Silverlake/Mill Creek, WA
Well, at least that is what *I* tell myself lol

A few days ago, I went out in the am like I usually do to let them out of the pen. We have redone the hardware cloth this year along the bottom of the run, and I do a quick glance to see if anything is out of place. Nope! Looks good. Girls come running out, and I throw some stuff for them to scratch around for.

Yesterday, I let them out in am again as usual, and they are running around doing chickie stuff. I go inside and watch them thru the kitchen window. I realize after a few minutes that they are all on one side of the fence, the one closest to the kitchen, and they are VERY interested in it.
idunno.gif

I watch a bit longer, and see that they are giving the chicken eye to something on the other side of the fence, and then they scratch around, kicking the dirt towards the fence. I watched a little longer trying to figure out what they are looking at, and doing.
pop.gif

So, I cant stand it anymore and go outside to the pen, and look at the outside of the run. I see that the grass and clover are coming back to the fence line...ok... nothing new...but..wait? What *IS* that??
barnie.gif

I take a good look at the "grass".
th.gif

Those lil buggers were growing their own sunflower seeds!!!!
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
They had kicked them all somehow THRU the fence and got them to grow lol They were kicking chicken dirt over the seedlings to help them grow well I assume lol The girls would come over, look at their sunflower crop, and then look some more, and then kick a little more dirt over them.

All they need are farmer hats, overalls, and wheat stalks sticking out of their beaks.

My DH got dragged out to see them...and lo and behold we have MORE sprouting along the outside of the run lol

They are growing their OWN snacks lol
love.gif
love.gif

Too smart I tell you!!

Back
Top Bottom