My dog is eating the chickens poop

Our doxie was a cat poop eater, until I found a food additive called "Forbid". It's a very inexpensive powder that you add to the pooper's food for several days. It makes the poop taste bad (as if it doesn't taste bad already) and after just one try, Pepper learned her lesson.

I wonder if Forbid would be harmful to chickens. Might be worth asking your vet about.

Pep likes to try to eat the chickens' poop, but we generally just give her a very disapproving "No" and she leaves it alone.

big_smile.png
So good to see others on here w/chicken poo eaters!

Is their no solution to this horrendous problem?

My big one eats it, and my little one rolls in it.
sickbyc.gif

At this moment my 80 pounder has the most chickeny smelling breath, and my adorable westie's whole back is covered in blahhh.
And she wonders why she gets bathed so often, and cann't get on the bed.
roll.png

It's NOT called chicken poop....Its called "orderves"....sp?.....Mine love it !! I also have a black Lab with big jowels that will bring in the odd horse "apple" to munch on in the house
barnie.gif

My dogs love the new and improved size of egg poos!! Absolutely disgusting. I guess not as bad as the dog we had growing up that used to chow down on horse poo!
sickbyc.gif

Ugh, our chow/retriever mix gorges himself on chicken poop as well
sickbyc.gif
He tries to sneak in front of me to get inside the coop or run so he can eat their poop...then he wants to lick me? I don't think so...

Great thread!
tongue.png

Yes one of my dogs goes with me to feed the chickens and she eats poop too, she also likes to get into the chicken feed.
IDK what she did but this chicekn was chasing her, Riot was trying to get out of the coop before the chicken ate her! lol
15owchi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom