My eggs are pipping!!! YIPPY!!!

Southern Chickens

Songster
12 Years
Mar 11, 2007
NorthWest Florida
I ordered some eggs from cjexotics. I am so egg-cited! I can't wait. I will post some pictures once they hatch.
CJ has been so wonderful! I was given a wonderful deal on "almost" 2 dozen eggs. When I got them there were 28 eggs! I set them after a day of rest. I candled on day 5 and had 22 that were fertile! Six of them had broken air cells. They floated to the center of the egg, like a level. I saw this when they arrived but, I put them in anyways. I am surprised that all of them weren't like that, the Post Office here is pretty hard on packages. CJ packed the eggs super well and everyone got here is one piece. I candled again on day 12. I had 20 that showed signs of life! Three of the eggs have bad air cells that are not shaped right, but the chicks are growing. I will keep you posted. Thank you CJ Exotics, you rock!

Mine have started pipping this morning too! I had 24 good ones going into lockdown, 2 have pipped so far! Should be an exciting day! :)

Congrats :D I've got 30 eggs in my incubator right now. But they are not due until around the 26 of this month. (I put chicken eggs in yesterday and duck eggs in last Monday). Good luck :D

Back
Top Bottom