My Entire Flock Is Sick...HELP

Culling, imo, is a last resort decision - however, aside from the quality of life for your birds you have to consider if you are putting your OWN health at risk. Sounds like your birds are pretty sick. I've never had sick chickens before however, I recently got some new chicks that I believe all have Fowl Pox. But, in the process of considering what it was and what to do about it - I thought . . can I catch this ? if I medicate - can I still eat the eggs (because the babies are in the same area as my older, laying hens) ? ? Just sharing a thought. I, of course, hope that it all works out and everyone recovers to be healthy and happy
D.gif
There are very few poultry diseases that are transmittable to humans. You cannot catch fowl pox. Since fowl pox is a virus, antibiotics/medications are useless. Fowl pox has to run its course. Here's a link to poultry diseases that ARE transmittable to humans:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/47670126/AVIAN-DISEASES-TRANSMISSIBLE-TO-HUMANS

Mine have a respiratory infection not fowl pox and just to double check on tylan 50 dose, 1cc large fowl 1/2cc small fowl but how frequent?

Back
Top Bottom