My first homemade incubator

WaterFowl209

Chirping
7 Years
Jul 12, 2012
Turlock,CA.
Well I seen a few people on YouTube make homemade incubators so I figured I would give it a try, I been working on it off and on for about two weeks and now I am almost done minus the egg trays... I am using a large Tupperware container I think it's 32 or 36 qts.
I added a small fan that has low and high speed so I use low speed which seems to be plenty of circulation, also I went to home depot got a water heter thermometer and adjusted it some and connected it to a light fixture that I have a 150 watt soft white light bulb in it.
I also got a air vent and placed it on top and next to it I have a metal lid so that air can creat a circular wind effect, then of course I have a dog water dish filled with water and peat moss for humidity and finally I made a wire grate so that heat can flow underneath the eggs as well.
I also got a cheap thermometer at orchard supply hardware that keeps the temperature and humidity levels and it seems pretty accurate.

So far and these stats seems stable the incubator shuts of when it reaches a heat point of 99F
and turns back on at 95F and the humidity is at 47%

I never done this before and I am pretty proud of myself so far lol

That is AWESOME! I usually see homemade incubators made out of old mini-fridges, I never thought of a simple plastic container. I may have to try this myself, after I get another rooster.

Really interested in seeing how this turns out for you. I have started to make my own too, but got disheartened half way through. You've just inspired me to get it back on my to-do list :)

Back
Top Bottom