My Fully Automated Chicken Coop - Auto Feed / Water / Door

Why don't you just make an automatic egg making machine?
lau.gif

Any chance you could post a diagram or plans of that fantastic automatic watering system? So I can find someone local to build me one like it? Otherwise, I'll probably DIE of envy here and make my hubby crazy.
big_smile.png

You are so creative! Your happy hens will live long productive lives and give endless hours of entertainment to you and your family. Congratulations on a job well done!
thumbsup.gif

I Dont Have Any Information To Post At This Time. I Will Try In The Next Couple Of Weeks To Produce A Better Video And Better Pictures To Show How I Made This Automation Happen. I Did Use An Automation Direct Plc To Control The Complete System. I Used Standard Solenoid Valves And A Electric Rotary Actuator In The Feeder And The Water System. The Automatic Door Uses A Window Motor From A Subaru Car And Some Relays For Control.

Let Me See What I Can Do!
Jc

Wow, Egg-cellent job !

so when do we get to see the automatic egg retreival conveyer, crack-in-the-pan, cook and serve in bed with toast and coffee???

kind of got me thinking of "Rosie" the robot, from the old Jetsons cartoons HAHAHA !

I have an automated coop as well, with a few more bells and whistles, if you want to discuss it.

I also have an automated brooder, you can find it here with a search.

I even have a preliminary design to automatically remove eggs from the coop and put them into a refrigerator. Not the least bit cost effective, so it will never be done.

there is absolutely a micro business in these phenomenal ideas! I just laid the gauntlet down to my father in law to emulate your designs, he is a good engineer but i am not sure that good! Patent your designs and do some research into the manufacturing expenses to see if it is worth marketing them. I know i would comfortably pay $50 - $75 for the watering system. I think i have my feeder situation sorted, but i am in Northern CA, an automatic waterer when it is 100 degrees is almost a must!

As for the door, i have been trying to work something out for a while, if my chickens were this automated, i can leave for the weekend without any concerns!

There is really no market for such elaborate things. PLC's are expensive. There are cheaper methods already on the market; $15 for auto water and maybe $40 for an auto feeder, static feed hoppers are even cheaper.

214525zm9jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
eBhuI3wrraBP6Yh_Qg6oug5LHyRyVVbAPphRluCifhYcoPFE_4OViBcWxRZ03TVvgKLCSY90ozvAtOvNT2qIHSHvs6qWhed38HACMAoAj6D6MmWe8xo0fYkkL-Qzi3CevW8teh7uENey1_KjpM1DrCV7-TPj2ZEGIBx4FSWpQuNH5Roz9qw

Back
Top Bottom