my girls and modified coop pics

missy1971

Songster
Dec 27, 2016
Harris County Georgia
Thought I'd share some pics of my girls and the modifications I did on my coop. Pics of the girls aren't very good since they were to busy trying to get the good treats I had given them. I didn't realize there were so many pics, sorry

Goldie and Minnie, black and red sex-links ( 8 weeks)

Minnie again with Sweet girl, my BR (6 weeks)

Here we have Lucy and Sally, my BO, who are 12 weeks,
Lucy is the bigger of the 2

ha Minnie was cheesing for the camera! LOL

This is Patty and Sunshine, my DEL

Goldie

Sally

top and below is Sophie, this is the one who had the really bad
pecked neck, that ya'll helped me nurse back to health

Above and below are Sweet girl and Skitty, for Skittish

Miss Patty, all of the DEL's coloring is coming in so pretty!

Ok, below are a few, i promise, pic of my coop that i modified, I have built everything, and its been so rewarding. We just bought the 2 lots behind us, which is awesome because this summer we are going to be cleaning them up, thinning some of the dead trees, so the girls will get a new coop(that's level, not my doing, my friends, that by the way, drives me nuts) and a large run, so excited.

The laying area and boxes I made

new back window

This pic makes this coop look awful, but there are still a few things to
finish such as paint, a couple more braces and im putting 2x4's all around the bottom
for more security.

Last edited:
yes you guys are supposed to get quite the storm down south. I'm up in ny and we have gotten a lot of rain lately too... I am hoping it dries up soon so I can do some spring cleaning in the chicken run... I have straw that needs to be raked up but is like working with wet bricks after it rains...

Oh I understand that, I raked up mine yesterday, and just layed down some pine shavings...out of straw...on my list for this week. Yes nasty weather, and since we live on a lake, we get pretty bad winds since we have no buffer, my windows are getting some serious pressure washing today!

should run out and soap them up so they get extra clean lol
hide.gif

Thought I'd share some pics of my girls and the modifications I did on my coop. Pics of the girls aren't very good since they were to busy trying to get the good treats I had given them. I didn't realize there were so many pics, sorry Goldie and Minnie, black and red sex-links ( 8 weeks) Minnie again with Sweet girl, my BR (6 weeks) Here we have Lucy and Sally, my BO, who are 12 weeks, Lucy is the bigger of the 2 ha Minnie was cheesing for the camera! LOL This is Patty and Sunshine, my DEL Goldie Sally top and below is Sophie, this is the one who had the really bad pecked neck, that ya'll helped me nurse back to health Above and below are Sweet girl and Skitty, for Skittish Miss Patty, all of the DEL's coloring is coming in so pretty! Ok, below are a few, i promise, pic of my coop that i modified, I have built everything, and its been so rewarding. We just bought the 2 lots behind us, which is awesome because this summer we are going to be cleaning them up, thinning some of the dead trees, so the girls will get a new coop(that's level, not my doing, my friends, that by the way, drives me nuts) and a large run, so excited. The laying area and boxes I made new back window This pic makes this coop look awful, but there are still a few things to finish such as paint, a couple more braces and im putting 2x4's all around the bottom for more security.
Thought I'd share some pics of my girls and the modifications I did on my coop. Pics of the girls aren't very good since they were to busy trying to get the good treats I had given them. I didn't realize there were so many pics, sorry Goldie and Minnie, black and red sex-links ( 8 weeks) Minnie again with Sweet girl, my BR (6 weeks) Here we have Lucy and Sally, my BO, who are 12 weeks, Lucy is the bigger of the 2 ha Minnie was cheesing for the camera! LOL This is Patty and Sunshine, my DEL Goldie Sally top and below is Sophie, this is the one who had the really bad pecked neck, that ya'll helped me nurse back to health Above and below are Sweet girl and Skitty, for Skittish Miss Patty, all of the DEL's coloring is coming in so pretty! Ok, below are a few, i promise, pic of my coop that i modified, I have built everything, and its been so rewarding. We just bought the 2 lots behind us, which is awesome because this summer we are going to be cleaning them up, thinning some of the dead trees, so the girls will get a new coop(that's level, not my doing, my friends, that by the way, drives me nuts) and a large run, so excited. The laying area and boxes I made new back window This pic makes this coop look awful, but there are still a few things to finish such as paint, a couple more braces and im putting 2x4's all around the bottom for more security.

Back
Top Bottom