My hen is not active like usual and has weird poop

I agree that that looks to be lash egg material, a product of salpingitis or oviduct inflammation. Lash eggs are not eggs, but material of egg products and infection, and may be deposited into the abdomen, stay inside the oviduct, and some may come out. Antibiotics are not usually helpful this late. It eventually may be fatal, but many laying hens may suffer from this. Here is some reading:
https://thepoultrysite.com/disease-guide/salpingitis

https://the-chicken-chick.com/salpingitis-lash-eggs-in-backyard/
She has also been pooping normally now

It is really hard ro know how long she will live. Hopefully, she will stop laying and stop having reproductive problems. Some spend a lot of money with avian vets to get hormone implants or even spaying to stop it. I have had a few hens who suffered with repro diseases and who lived for several years with enlarged lower bellies, doing normal chicken things. Some of those get crop impactions or slow crops that they can die from. I would just give her supportive care, and let her do what she feels like doing. If she is eating well and having normal droppings, that is a good sign.

It is really hard ro know how long she will live. Hopefully, she will stop laying and stop having reproductive problems. Some spend a lot of money with avian vets to get hormone implants or even spaying to stop it. I have had a few hens who suffered with repro diseases and who lived for several years with enlarged lower bellies, doing normal chicken things. Some of those get crop impactions or slow crops that they can die from. I would just give her supportive care, and let her do what she feels like doing. If she is eating well and having normal droppings, that is a good sign.
Ok thanks. She hasn't layed for about a month now, hopefully she is done. If I can recall correctly, her last egg came out crushed to pieces. Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Ok, she had another incident tonight. First, she layed some more pus, followed by an egg with no shell!!! It appeared to be a in a white transparent sac, here are some photos:
20200423_193527.jpg
20200423_193959.jpg

Next to the egg is a paper towel we used to clean it up with.

Ok, she had another incident tonight. First, she layed some more pus, followed by an egg with no shell!!! It appeared to be a in a white transparent sac, here are some photos:
View attachment 2104878

View attachment 2104878
I have had my pullets lay eggs like that, which can be normal if it is a young bird just starting to lay. Being that that is not the case with your bird, it is concerning. I say keep an eye on it. Not much else you can really do for her right now. Is she acting normal now? If she has anything else she is struggling to pass you could try giving her an Epsom salt bath/soak.

Back
Top Bottom