My new physco horse! (reasons for physco label found)

Awwww, she's so pretty! Congrats!
clap.gif

Very pretty!

I expect that you'll quite likely find that when you've had a chance to go back to the beginning and teach her how to respond constructively to the bit, and when you work out saddle fit and rider position issues so that her back is not uncomfortable at trot and canter (if she still looks like the video four months from now, I'd get her a good chiropractor), I expect you will find that she is not the LEAST bit psycho or from-hell at all
smile.png

Right now, she just looks like she is either quite uncomfortable in the middle part of her back, or is used to the bit being used as crude physical restraint (i.e nobody's ever actually *taught* her about it), or possibly a combination of the two. She should be a fun horse when the kinks are worked out
smile.png

Have a good time,

Pat

Last edited:
I agree with Pat - she just looks like she has no idea how to get away from the pressure of the bit and is used to fighting it at the end of a too-short tie down.

Lots of chrome! She'll be flashy flying through the patterns.

Thats horrible, her new name means duke from hell? Well lets hope she doesn't live up to it...
I agree helmstead her tiedown is too short, and just riding around she shouldn't need it. Hopefully it isn't a "but she tosses her head I need a tiedown" thing, cause I did notice she is trying to toss.
She didn't look psycho to me either, but you can't tell from the vid.

Good luck with her, she's a cutie.

bigrey

Ok. Well her name was changed to Poppy. And I talked to her owner and what he said really p!ssed me off.

First he says "yeah, well I really pull her around a lot"
I look at him like hes lost his mind
He says "well, i am a man and all so I saw on the reins quite a bit".

Went to see her again and just sat back and watched how he handled her. She is scared to death of him.

As for the comments about the tie-down, saddle, and her looking uncomfortable, the tie-down was because he said she tossed her head enough to throw it back and hurt you. well, i took it off for longer this time and she was an angel. she doesnt need it unless we are working on cantering. the bit is way to harsh and i have to keep the reins tight (for now) because she doesnt know how to slow down. and she looked uncomfortable because she was! The gullet at the saddle was was too narrow for her broad back. I'm trying her out again at an arena to see how she loads and is away from home and I am bringing Stormy's saddle because they both have very wide backs.

As for when I get her home, trust on the ground is the first thing. Then finding a nice, gentle bit. Then a nice pad and which saddle fits best. I had no choice as to what tack was used. anyway, yes, at the canter i will use the tie down until i can get her home and work through her fear slowly. she has been badly abused and it becomes more and more apparent the more you see him handle her. she never takes her eyes off him in that "oh my god! its a predator! please dont hurt me again" way. she is beginning to understand i wont hurt her like he did and seemed to enjoy herself last time.

i was leading her around in their arena and she was listening and just following me around. I let go of the reins and she turned and stopped with me. he walks in and she freezes. he practically told on himself....

Oh and the video was only after she calmed down. the guy said i was the only person of 4 who came to look at her who actually stayed on....god, what could someone possibly do to make her so afraid? I am videotaping our next ride in the tack OF MY CHOICE. Riding shouldnt be painful or scary for her. He has made it both. i hate this man. i thought he was alright at first but he "pets" her by slapping her between the eyes.... :eek: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom