My newly hatched chicks hip is displaced! What do I do???

Catie_Cat_

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2022
I set up my incubator and started up some eggs. It all went well, so far three have hatched and two more are on the way! I was moving this chick to the place where it will be raised for a little while and I noticed that the chick's leg/hip is displaced! The hip/upper leg kind of sticks out while it lays and it can't walk hardly at all. I am worried about it getting to the food and water! What can I do???

Just wanted to add, I am currently still going to school... so I am not able to spend long periods of time with the chick...

Sorry no experience with this sort of thing. :(
Its okay, my chick seems to be doing okay rn. Able to (very wobbly lol) walk so it can get to resources. But would you have any knowledge on inbreeding? Because earlier this morning I did have a chick die of breathing issues that I am wondering is inbreeding related.

I'm sorry. But I don't think it'll live.... maybe just cull it to save it the pain....?
Yeah, I was considering the option, but it really does seem to be improving. If its health does start to decline though I will seriously consider that option... 😢

Back
Top Bottom