Yes, I had a little giant with quail rails. So about 100 eggs in there. More are still hatching. Up to 80 now. 😁
Okay, I was wondering! I'm not sure I could fit much more than 44 in the NR360, I bought a quail turner off Etsy from someone who does 3D printing. I guess without a Turner you could probably fit a lot more but that would be chaos trying to get them out after they dried 😆

Okay, I was wondering! I'm not sure I could fit much more than 44 in the NR360, I bought a quail turner off Etsy from someone who does 3D printing. I guess without a Turner you could probably fit a lot more but that would be chaos trying to get them out after they dried 😆
I used the regular chicken egg turner in my NR360. Just put two eggs at a time in each cell. I have a spare little giant that I use for the lockdown period and moved some eggs there so that it would not get too crowded in the NR 360.

I used the regular chicken egg turner in my NR360. Just put two eggs at a time in each cell. I have a spare little giant that I use for the lockdown period and moved some eggs there so that it would not get too crowded in the NR 360.
Did you find that the turner would get jammed? I kept having eggs lock together and just get scooted along not being turned and then some would turn end over end rather than on thier side as they worked towards the enter. That's what made me start looking for something quail specific. I had more issues with smaller eggs, not as much with XL/jumbo eggs.

Did you find that the turner would get jammed? I kept having eggs lock together and just get scooted along not being turned and then some would turn end over end rather than on thier side as they worked towards the enter. That's what made me start looking for something quail specific. I had more issues with smaller eggs, not as much with XL/jumbo eggs.
I find 2 per works alright, but the eggs have to be oriented fat side in towards each other, points facing away from each other. I still adjust any weird position eggs every morning and night. I printed the Quail turner, but 1/2 the eggs get stuck and don’t turn because they’re slightly too big. Shelf liner under them helps too.

I often move eggs to the nr360 for lockdown, and I pack it full, then I quickly grab em out as they hatch so I don’t have them all running out at the end.

I find 2 per works alright, but the eggs have to be oriented fat side in towards each other, points facing away from each other. I still adjust any weird position eggs every morning and night. I printed the Quail turner, but 1/2 the eggs get stuck and don’t turn because they’re slightly too big. Shelf liner under them helps too.

I often move eggs to the nr360 for lockdown, and I pack it full, then I quickly grab em out as they hatch so I don’t have them all running out at the end.
Good tip, I haven't tried orienting fat end to fat end. I had tried both in the same direction, pointed end towards center and with both pointed in towards each other and then I went looking for something else. The quail turner I bought fits very well and turns them very smoothly, it was definitely overpriced ($30) but I like to support small start ups so I didn't mind too much.
When you say shelf liner helps, do you use it through the whole incubation time? I've just been putting it in at lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom