My (quite short) TSC feed experiment.

Um…I really didn’t mean for this thread to become a conspiracy theory thread. I really just wanted to encourage people to try their own experiments with chicken feed if they’re worried that the feed is causing their chickens to slow production. Experimenting helped me a lot, and I wanted to share it.

Please stay on topic ;).

Um…I really didn’t mean for this thread to become a conspiracy theory thread. I really just wanted to encourage people to try their own experiments with chicken feed if they’re worried that the feed is causing their chickens to slow production. Experimenting helped me a lot, and I wanted to share it.

Please stay on topic ;).
I would suggest closing this thread honestly.

I'm in the process of trying an experiment. Another person sent some of the feed that his hens were eating when they stopped laying. He changed feed and they started laying again.

In about two weeks, I will see if my hens lay differently on that feed than they do on their regilular feed mixed by the local mill.
Let us know how it goes!

Why? As long as everyone stays on topic from here on, I don’t see the problem.
Doesn’t matter lol. People will continue to get off topic no matter what. And i’m not saying i hadn’t, but i added my own theories in that had somewhat to do with this whole thing and replied to some other comments. It must be annoying for the op to receive a whole bunch on notifications

Doesn’t matter lol. People will continue to get off topic no matter what. And i’m not saying i hadn’t, but i added my own theories in that had somewhat to do with this whole thing and replied to some other comments. It must be annoying for the op to receive a whole bunch on notifications
I don’t really mind the notifications, to be honest. BYC is good at not spamming my email. I understand a short off-topic conversation, but it seemed to be spiraling out of control, thus the nudge to get back on topic. No harm done, and hopefully we’ll hear of others’ experiments :).

I just started getting between 6 to 7 eggs a day now. I have 9 hens but two are almost 6 and one is a Mule Duck Hen so I don't expect any from them. I haven't done anything different with my feed but the weather is warming up and the days are getting longer. They are all between 2 years old and 9 months old that are laying. I just feel so happy to be getting eggs. So far my little Call Drakes have been chasing my bigger hens around but they just tell them to Get Off My Back and run on, lol.

Back
Top Bottom