MY Roo disappeared :(

afishel

Songster
9 Years
Jul 15, 2010
Spencer, Ind
I let my chickens out yesterday just as always. I give them a treat then they go around the yard pickin. We have 3 acres they can roam on and they never get more than an acre away from the coop. well they had settled down to roost for the nite about 830 so I went to close the gate, as always and noticed my 1 ROO WAS GONE !! so I searched for him could not find a trace anywhere. thought mayb he was lagging behind

Still tonight no lil red RIR roo????

IM SAD
hit.gif

I understand. That would break my heart, as I adore my roo. Search like your life depended on it. He may be hurt and need you to find him. Keep calling for him as you search and listen hard for a response between your calls. This happened to me once - my boy had been attacked by a fox and the neighbors thought he was probably dead. They saw it happen and it was mayhem and they yelled and screamed and chased the fox off but then lost track of my roo BJ.
As soon as I learned what happened I searched and searched and kept calling and calling and in time I thought I heard a faint answer. I kept at it and found him deep inside a holly tree's protective branches. He was very hurt but my sweet boy was alive. It took me awhile to coax him slowly out from deep within the tree and finally he collapsed in my arms
hit.gif
and I carried him home. Lots of TLC and good medical care and he made a complete recovery. He would in all likelihood have died had I not found him.
There is also a chance that your guy is stuck somewhere and needs you to figure that out. Maybe ina building that someone then closed, maybe without even knowing he was in there.
I pray you find your roo.
JJ

Last edited:
hit.gif
Thank you all!!

but today is day 3 of roo being gone! still no sign

JJthink I did i searched the woods every inch of it! i did not find one trace of him! this throws me off
I am only missing 1
my roo all my 10 girls still w/ us and are roosting every nite around 8:00pm they were lost the 1st day without him! sad
th.gif

I cant figure out what got him. I know it wasnt the neighbors cats because we have a rott and a doby that hates cats so they come no where near. LOL I have went to my neighbors as they have chickens and no sign of roo. no trace of feathers left in yard or woods.

This happened in daylight while my husband was out mowing and he did not see them scatter

I'M STUMPED!

So sad. So sorry
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

An awful mystery? Are there any humans you suspect might have pulled a prank, or worse? You probably already asked neighbors far and wide if they saw him or anything odd? Ugh - I am just so sorry.

Is that the pic of your sad hen? Why eyes closed? If you have or can get some Rescue Remedy for her - a drop or two in her water - may help with stress.

JJ

Back
Top Bottom