My Royal Palm Turkey Problem

vananimal34

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 13, 2014
Hello all! This is my first post on the back yard chickens. Here is a little back ground. I had bought a tom and a hen royal palm turkey when they were about 4 months old. My turkeys are now reaching full maturity. I live in Phoenix, AZ in the city. Recently at around 8 am my hen starts to sing/ talk pretty loud. The only way they will stay quiet is if I go out to the coup and they see me. Does anyone know of a way to keep my hen singing/talking down or to limit it? Also I tend to let them out in the morning and threw out the day when I am their which helps with the noise.
Thank you in advance.

:welcome

Is it more of a `yelp'? Does the tom do any gobbling at dawn? Is the pen/run/coop outfitted with an area for the hen to nest in (pile up some loose straw and wood chips in the back corners of coop and see if she doesn't start to `rearrange' them).

If there are irregular loud noises in the neighborhood the tom will certainly respond. The hens tend to `discuss' things early in the morning (yelping). They also can get into plaintive sounding `(p)whooting' loops that seem interminable when looking to nest/lay an egg. They will also be pretty loud with their whining (aerial preds) and `barking' (ground preds).

Back
Top Bottom