My Suburban Chicken House

AtomicChicken

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 7, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
I've built a little chicken house. Take a look at the construction details as well as pics of the girls on my page.

I still have to finish the run tomorrow but the girls moved into their new house tonight. So they'll be playing in the temporary pen till I finish the run. I just finally took time out to write the blog page for the work done over the last few months on this little project.

Fabulous! Your chicks will love it. I am so glad we don't have an architectural committee! I love our coop but it certainly is not as fancy as that. You have done an amazing job!!

thumbsup.gif
Love your design!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Very impressively done. I also used an exercise pen while I was constructing the coop and the pullets started easily flying over that 4' barrier by about 6 weeks, so it was a very good motivator to finish quickly.

You brought up something I haven't thought of. The insulation in the ceiling. The hens breathing the fiiberglass. Is that a problem. I may have to do something about that too.
Nice coop you built.

It's very pretty. You put a lot of work into it and it shows
wink.png

I'm looking for the ventilation, see soffit vents but no gable vents? Where does your air vent out? Concerned about your venting system.

Back
Top Bottom