My updated Chicken House

Sandyd

Songster
11 Years
Sep 12, 2012
I finally took some pictures of my addition to my existing chicken house. It has made things so much easier for me.
First pic has the full view and you can see part of the run that extends out. The girls have access 24/7 to it.
Second one is the older hen's side. You can see the slide door on the lower right that goes out to the run. Husband took a slide door off a old truck and it works great.
Third is of the pullets. I have a roll out nest in for them but they still haven't decided to start laying yet. Any day now. When they get going good, I will take down the partition and they can all get together.
The last is of my rear roll out nest. I have 3 of the 10 nest ones in the building. I love these as they are so easy to clean up. You can see the 18 inch exhaust fan in the top of the pic with the nest. I turn it on when I am in working. I take a leaf blower once a month and blow down the walls and everything from the dust and dander. The exhaust fan works wonders. I always have the South and East windows cracked even though I have two upper open house vents for more circulation. If I don't I find I get frost build up on the windows and doors. Guess we may have insulated it to well. My bulk bin is so handy for me to carry feed into the feeders and to prevent wind my husband built a plastic wall around the chute . He even hung a Christmas wreath above the door to surprise me. I love my animals.
Chicken House outside.jpg
Older Hens roost with poo board.jpg
Pullets not laying yet.jpg
Roll out nest.JPG

Back
Top Bottom