Lil Peepers

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2023
Hi guys!
I’ve joined this community to reach out and see how I should take my next steps— my mum went to the coop this morning with our Coturnix wuails, buff Orpington and Easter eggers, and seemed to find a random chick in there. She seems to be a couple days old and is very very very sweet. Is she a quail tho? There’s only one baby and she’s pretty much half the size of my quails already, but they didn’t seem to mind at all and were raising her as great parents. I did have to bring her home with me due to a little flooding and shes sooooo sweet. She always wants to be in my hand or close up to my face. I want to make sure she’s safe and makes it okay, what should I do?

Attachments

• IMG_1695.png
    IMG_1695.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 193
Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow

Aww.....sweet little thing. :love It is probably looking for warmth in your hands, it will need supplemental heat for several weeks with a heat lamp. Any broody chickens in the coop? Keep her warm, clean, fed and watered.

Good luck with your chick and welcome to our community!

Hi guys!
I’ve joined this community to reach out and see how I should take my next steps— my mum went to the coop this morning with our Coturnix wuails, buff Orpington and Easter eggers, and seemed to find a random chick in there. She seems to be a couple days old and is very very very sweet. Is she a quail tho? There’s only one baby and she’s pretty much half the size of my quails already, but they didn’t seem to mind at all and were raising her as great parents. I did have to bring her home with me due to a little flooding and shes sooooo sweet. She always wants to be in my hand or close up to my face. I want to make sure she’s safe and makes it okay, what should I do?
Welcome to BYC!! She certainly doesn’t look like a chicken chick. I’m not very knowledgeable with other birds, but she could be a quail or turkey? 🤔

Back
Top Bottom