Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I will be posting pics. It is a very large endeavour!

Going to be 12 pens. Each 4x4 feet for breeding trios. Giving them over 5 square feet a bird.

Probably will do 5 bantams to a pen though.

Going to be lots of work!!
So far I have not had any luck in hatching a naked neck from my eggs. But so far I have not been hatching a good amount.
It will be fun to see your though.

That's so nice of you to say! My husband called me "Redneck Martha Stewart" (and he did not mean it in a nice way).
I'm still using the chest-of-drawers incubator. It's stable enough, I set eggs and then left home for a week with no one here to moniter it. I mean, really, how much $$ would I have to spend for an incubator that would hold 500+ eggs and it was *almost* free from scrounged parts and the dumpster chest.
:lau :gig He wouldn't be saying that if you were bringing home Martha Stewarts paycheck! I agree with flower, you ought to write some articles and submit them to some magazines.

Knock Kneed Hen Once you get the first generation of the apox 75% NN and breed a son who carries the silkie gene back to mom showgirl, you should get more showgirls. If that is your goal. Are you planning on incubating the eggs and/or having some one cook them for you ?

Thanks. I really just want a couple of SG hens. I hate getting rid of Lil' Steve and don't want more pens to clean. It gets a bit overwhelming. Do SG's and SG's make only SG's? I can't find any anywhere, and little Diva is my favorite bird. I felt, in the long run, it's just cheaper to buy a couple of hens. If I can't find any, I may have to do this. Thanks flower! Wish we could have gone to Stockton.

Thanks. I really just want a couple of SG hens. I hate getting rid of Lil' Steve and don't want more pens to clean. It gets a bit overwhelming. Do SG's and SG's make only SG's? I can't find any anywhere, and little Diva is my favorite bird. I felt, in the long run, it's just cheaper to buy a couple of hens. If I can't find any, I may have to do this. Thanks flower! Wish we could have gone to Stockton.
Yes SG over SG make SG if the breeding has been going for many many generations with no diversions. Sorry that I did not keep the male she came with. They were a lovely pair but I did not know much about them back then and she was very mean to him but I imagine she would have changed as she grew older. She is pretty and I am glad that you enjoy her. It would not be too hard to relocate any chicks that you do not need or want. Seems to me that your chicken community does real good with that.
I am happy with the bantams that I have and am busy next month with the big move to AZ.

Back
Top Bottom