Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I went to the NE Poultry Congress show (this is the biggest show in the Northeast and I only saw 1 NN in the huge building). The rooster was really old! I mean he had to be 4+ years old just by looking at his spurs and feet.. This rooster had missing toe nails and he had a big bowtie but won BB and BV cause he was the only NN there. Now I know I shouldn't be afraid of showing NN cause you're bound to win something cause it's rare to see so many at a show.

that used to happen when I first showed dogs as a child. My dog was in a class of 2, and he got second. My father was not impressed and said "With that ribbon and a dime, you can get a dime coke anywhere." If that was meant to discourage me - HA it didn't work. I went on to breed and raise several show champions, wrote for breed magazines, @ 1 article published in Dog World when I was 12. Was trimming dogs when I was 14 and opened my grooming shop at 19.

that used to happen when I first showed dogs as a child. My dog was in a class of 2, and he got second. My father was not impressed and said "With that ribbon and a dime, you can get a dime coke anywhere." If that was meant to discourage me - HA it didn't work. I went on to breed and raise several show champions, wrote for breed magazines, @ 1 article published in Dog World when I was 12. Was trimming dogs when I was 14 and opened my grooming shop at 19.
Perhaps you're right, I' am not saying I'll throw in some random NN just to win cause that breed was the only one there. I would really like them to win Grand Champion of the show. But just knowing that NN's are rarely used in shows the odds for a NN to win grand champ is slim but I hope I can do it some day.

In Europe many countries have NN's and they're big there (in Greece) and most of Europe.. In the U.S. people think there're ugly.

I'm hoping to be the first to win big with a NN
I took a white NN cockerel and he won but like we all know he was the only one there.

But I'm working on that breed trying to make the best, I've got the whites and reds on my own since I could not find any one that would have to sell
I'll post pics I'm really proud of the way they look

Congratulations on your win Nava!

Dipsy, I really like the black NN's. The skin contrasting with the black really accentuates what the birds are known for. They're lovely with a big dark eye too.

Just a few pics

Jaxom and Little man, they are such good buddies hope that continues after the hormones start in earnest

Raven

I know Reba is out of focus, but she was running for all she was worth for some treats.

hi i have a question. I've heard crested varities can sometimes get picked on for looking different than the rest of the flock. Do naked neck have simular problems. I'm would like to get one but not if it will be an outcast. I love variety and only keep 1 or 2 of each breed/color.

hi i have a question. I've heard crested varities can sometimes get picked on for looking different than the rest of the flock. Do naked neck have simular problems. I'm would like to get one but not if it will be an outcast. I love variety and only keep 1 or 2 of each breed/color.
I do not have an aggressive flock at all, but have never had any trouble w/ crested, or NN (being picked on or picking on others). Some of my EE were bad about plucking out each other's beards, but most of that has stopped now.

Back
Top Bottom