Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I think they are awesome looking, but there is no way I would/could spend that much money on a few chickens. A person could get a "look" by mixing a black feathered and an Fm bird and culling for darkness and comb and the like. They of course wouldn't be true Ayam Cemani, but I could live w/ that trade off, while taking my $5000 to a tropical island sipping mia tia's and relaxing. lol
I agree, wow had no idea birds could go for that price. They are really cool looking.

I think they are awesome looking, but there is no way I would/could spend that much money on a few chickens. A person could get a "look" by mixing a black feathered and an Fm bird and culling for darkness and comb and the like. They of course wouldn't be true Ayam Cemani, but I could live w/ that trade off, while taking my $5000 to a tropical island sipping mia tia's and relaxing.
You, kassaundra, are not almost 65 years old...
old.gif
While I'm not nearly ready to 'give up the ghost', I've seen large areas of the world, including tropical beaches, compliments of Uncle Sam. I certainly doubt I will dip into this breed but I do admit they hold some magnetism for me.

EDIT: My son is still lobying to eliminate the Australorps but now on a far more expidated time frame. I really haven't argued with him about it because I don't have any idea where this is coming from.

He's spent time in Iraq and Afghanistan and I'm sure he's seen and done things I won't want to know about but what ever has motivated this sudden interest in having only NN's is a mystery to me.

A life time ago, I did three tours in Vietnam...those years changed me. I'll just wait it out and see what's really going on.

Thanks for 'listening'...
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Heavens no, not even close to 65!!!!! I am 26
wink.png
, at least that is when I stopped counting! lol lol lol I don't want to retire to someplace warm, I want to live someplace warm, but I was referring to spending money on a vacation instead of a couple of chickens.

Has he given a reason for wanting to eliminate the australops?

wink.png
, at least that is when I stopped counting! lol lol lol I don't want to retire to someplace warm, I want to live someplace warm, but I was referring to spending money on a vacation instead of a couple of chickens.

I haven't pushed for that..I just did more listening. The NN do produce larger and even more eggs, especially the hybrids. He doesn't seem to be interested in getting rid of anything hybrid, not even this years cockerels..only the purebred flock of Australorps, consisting of about a hundred or more birds.

He won't be home 'til sometime in March...that will give me time to kinda' gleen through his messages and calls to see if I can get some kind of hint..lol

wink.png

Additionally, If I were to buy a pair of those intriguing black birds, I suspect Jason would help rear them to full maturity and one fine sunny day..he would proceed to flog me with them, about the head and neck.
lau.gif
lau.gif

Just kidding, but he would question my sanity. Heck...I would question my own sanity!
he.gif

Additionally, If I were to buy a pair of those intriguing black birds, I suspect Jason would help rear them to full maturity and one fine sunny day..he would proceed to flog me with them, about the head and neck.
lau.gif
lau.gif

Just kidding, but he would question my sanity. Heck...I would question my own sanity!
he.gif
I would even question your sanity!
tongue.png

This teeny-tiny pair are from a Naked Neck Green-Egger x Serama cross. From the looks of their combs, both inherited 'blue egg gene'. The pullet hasn't started laying yet, so we'll see : )

I had a lovely blue cockerel with a single comb from the same cross, but something took him one night (and why these are caged).

This teeny-tiny pair are from a Naked Neck Green-Egger x Serama cross. From the looks of their combs, both inherited 'blue egg gene'. The pullet hasn't started laying yet, so we'll see : )

I had a lovely blue cockerel with a single comb from the same cross, but something took him one night (and why these are caged).

They are lovely!!!

Hey Hellbender - dumb question but forgive this lowly redneck...My internet's been out for near on a month with no sign of them getting off their butts to come fix it. What I get for living in the back of beyond and then some. (That's 30 miles south of the Canadian border in the North Eastern Cascades for anyone who's curious what 'nowhere' looks like...you drive to the end of the world and go five miles further). Anyway, I LOVE the look of your NNs. Is there any way you'd consider shipping eggs out here to the Inland Empire?

(font enlarged for HB's benefit)

Back
Top Bottom