Naked Neck/Turken Thread

I figured she could keep them warm enough but I was worried if one of the chicks would wander out of the nest, they would freeze within minutes. So, they call baby pigeons, squeaks? I neber knew that but it is cute!
I have a couple of larger comb boys that got frostbitten combs and wattles. They refused to stay in the barn when the windchill was -25. Other than that, everyone made it through OK. How did everyone else make out?
My NN Ed has frost bite on his wattles it looks bad but at least the swelling has gone down and it's not oozing nasty stuff. Looks to have a bit on his comb too. The other day his wattles were swollen. Hope your boys will be okay. I did spray Veterycin on Ed's when it warmed up.

My NN Ed has frost bite on his wattles it looks bad but at least the swelling has gone down and it's not oozing nasty stuff. Looks to have a bit on his comb too. The other day his wattles were swollen. Hope your boys will be okay. I did spray Veterycin on Ed's when it warmed up.

I hope Ed is OK also! My boys do not look swollen at this point. Just very black. I lathered them up with triple antibiotic ointment to hopefully ward off any infection.

You don't really NEED "ED".....You should let me take him off your hands. He's really in your way, isn't he? LOL

You don't really NEED "ED".....You should let me take him off your hands. He's really in your way, isn't he? LOL
Other than Ed being so huge and kinda rough in his mating with my LF girls I really do like him alot he has so much personality, I'd sure miss him even though I tried very hard not to bring him home.
wink.png
Now forgot sorry HB, You said you were in the 101st out of Ft. Campbell, KY. my dh was in the 173rd out of Ft.Benning Ga. I should have smelled Air Borne right off.
smile.png

Other than Ed being so huge and kinda rough in his mating with my LF girls I really do like him alot he has so much personality, I'd sure miss him even though I tried very hard not to bring him home.
wink.png
Now forgot sorry HB, You said you were in the 101st out of Ft. Campbell, KY. my dh was in the 173rd out of Ft.Benning Ga. I should have smelled Air Borne right off.
smile.png

Ed's not being too rough. He's doing his 'job' exactly like he should. On another thread, I feel sorry for some people who have older cockerels that need 'avian libido enhancers', in an effort to get the hens bred.

Last edited:
Ed's not being too rough. He's doing his 'job' exactly like he should. On another thread, I feel sorry for some people who have older cockerels that need 'avian libido enhancers', in an effort to get the hens bred.
avian libido enhancers?? thats a new one. Maybe I spoke to harshly about Ed since my other 2 roos are bantam [cochin and game] they usually have a harder time mating with the LF girls Ed makes the girls look like midgets and pulls out their feathers on their heads.

avian libido enhancers?? thats a new one. Maybe I spoke to harshly about Ed since my other 2 roos are bantam [cochin and game] they usually have a harder time mating with the LF girls Ed makes the girls look like midgets and pulls out their feathers on their heads.

What's a few feathers amongst friends? Ed's 'hands' are not working well right now so he has to use his beak to show endearment (and to hold her down).
lau.gif

I doubt Ed is doing any permanent harm. Count your blessings that you have a cock that knows his job and is more than willing to do it! As mentioned...I had no idea how much trouble folks were having, dealing with their metro-sexual cockerels.

Back
Top Bottom