Naked Neck/Turken Thread

these are my red blue naked neck

i have 5 more that i need to take some pics

What is the highest you run your humidity at for hatching? I kept mine between 60-65% and bumped it up to about 75% when I locked down. I locked down on Thursday, late afternoon. We arrived home today, Sunday to 1 chick hatched. Today should have been hatch day but I think this chick might have hatched yesterday. We had one that had zipped but didn't hatch, another internal pip, the rest quit before the pip with a couple obvious shrink wrapped and a couple still pretty wet.

I'm setting another hatch on Wednesday and I'm not sure what to keep the humidity at this time.

The humidity when we got home had dropped to 65% and since we weren't here, I don't know what it was at when it actually hatched.

I can't get mine high enough not to shrink wrap, so I learned how to assist shrink wrapped chicks. Eventually I may get a hatcher.

I can't get mine high enough not to shrink wrap, so I learned how to assist shrink wrapped chicks. Eventually I may get a hatcher.
Silly question...

I've always thought a hatcher is another incubator that people use for hatching. Are there actual hatchers? I'm thinking about getting a different incubator but I'm not sure if it will help the issue or if its more of a climate issue?

Silly question...

I've always thought a hatcher is another incubator that people use for hatching. Are there actual hatchers? I'm thinking about getting a different incubator but I'm not sure if it will help the issue or if its more of a climate issue?

Yes, I think both, there are actual hatchers and people use other incubators, I think my problem is my incubator though. But it does such a good job right up until hatch, so I still want to use it as an incubator.

Yes, I think both, there are actual hatchers and people use other incubators, I think my problem is my incubator though. But it does such a good job right up until hatch, so I still want to use it as an incubator.
I'm starting to think I'm having a few of the same issues. I was just checking out prices for other incubators and now I remember why I bought the one I did. Of course its not worth much if I can't get the chicks to hatch...

Mine is a Brinsea eco 20
Mine's a Farmers Innovations 4200 (I believe...) it has a fan and turner.

I wish I would have spent a little more and bought a different one but I bought a few extra thermometers, the built in one is off but its steady so since I know what its suppose to read at, I can just use it if I have a full incubator, the hygrometer is accurate against the one I bought for a secondary. I'm not sure if its the incubator or just our climate. If its our climate, I need to find a good humidity level because my thinking on it is, it won't matter what I use if I don't have a high enough humidity.

I don't know what to do! I'm setting eggs again Wednesday and I'm trying to decide if I should order something else to hatch them in.

Back
Top Bottom