Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Hi ChuskaMnts, I fell in love with him the moment I held him and he snuggled in. The promise of no chickens went right out the window! My pullets are a mixed batch. The people I adopted Igor from surprised me and sent a rhode island red and what I think is an american game hen. The same day I went to the store not sure what to get and ended up with a barred rock, black sex link, silver wyandotte, and a buff orpington. Of the group, my NN and my American game are my favorites. Both are so chatty and want attention but Igor is pretty laid back about it:). He was "helping" me in the garden this afternoon, inspecting the weeds and making sure there weren't any bugs in the pile.:)

I see a few more of these NN guys in my future! :rolleyes:

So you've already discovered that chickens are a lot like potato chips - you can't have just 1! Or even a couple!
My NN cockerel is named Romeo and has several NN x Polish pullets living with him. I keep trying to take pictures of them but they all look blurred, they are constantky on the go. They free range on 1/2 acre, my orps have another 1/2 acre & my Golden Marans & EEs have another 1/2 acre.

DIZZYWITCH AND CHUSKA MOUNTAINS
frow.gif
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
and we are neighbors as I live just south of the Navajo Nation in NE AZ Naked Necks are the best good dual purpose and fun to mix with other breeds to make NN easter eggers. Ha ha nobody understand until they have done it. What fun.

aoxa beautiful birds !!!

DIZZYWITCH AND CHUSKA MOUNTAINS   :frow :frow :welcome    and we are neighbors as I live just south of the Navajo Nation in NE AZ   Naked Necks are the best good dual purpose and fun to mix with other breeds to make NN easter eggers.  Ha ha nobody understand until they have done it.  What fun. 

aoxa    beautiful birds !!!

Thanks for the welcome flower! I now live in the hot, sweltering valley but do visit the Nation often as I have many relatives there. My NNs don't seem to be bothered by the heat at all and are the most active of all my chickens. Are you in the White Mountains?

One of my younger NN's named Rose has made friends with our new puppy it was so cute when she was the first one to come over and see him, but then she started following him around and even allowed for him to sniff her. It was as cute as could be, the older hens and rooster just ignore the puppy or try and attack him but not Rose she is making great friends with him. All the rest of the younger ones stood back just watching, then moved on but not Rose.

One of my younger NN's named Rose has made friends with our new puppy it was so cute when she was the first one to come over and see him, but then she started following him around and even allowed for him to sniff her. It was as cute as could be, the older hens and rooster just ignore the puppy or try and attack him but not Rose she is making great friends with him. All the rest of the younger ones stood back just watching, then moved on but not Rose.
Ahhwwww how cute?...
love.gif

DIZZYWITCH AND CHUSKA MOUNTAINS   :frow :frow :welcome    and we are neighbors as I live just south of the Navajo Nation in NE AZ   Naked Necks are the best good dual purpose and fun to mix with other breeds to make NN easter eggers.  Ha ha nobody understand until they have done it.  What fun. 

aoxa    beautiful birds !!!

Hi Flower and Chuska Mountains! I'm in northern Utah where we get way too much snow for my liking :) but have quite a few relatives in the Phoenix area so we try to head down there for a long weekend a couple of times during the winter. I'm finding that my get-aways need to be a little more planned out with the birds.

I hadn't thought about raising chicks sired by my boy but looking at the pictures, there are some fun looking birds! Thinking and planning for next summer now...

Hi Flower and Chuska Mountains! I'm in northern Utah where we get way too much snow for my liking
smile.png
but have quite a few relatives in the Phoenix area so we try to head down there for a long weekend a couple of times during the winter. I'm finding that my get-aways need to be a little more planned out with the birds.

I hadn't thought about raising chicks sired by my boy but looking at the pictures, there are some fun looking birds! Thinking and planning for next summer now...
Snow in the winter but how is the temperature now ? I would like to visit people in Phoenix but at this time of year will not expose myself to that heat.

@ChuskaMtns I do not live in the White Mountains but at this time of year I wish that I did live there as it is slightly cooler than winslow.

Back
Top Bottom