Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Yes, they all have pea combs! I will continue to take photos & share them! I'd love if the all-white ones develop some color because, in my opinion, all-white is boring! Plus the Florida sun bleaches it, which turns the white feathers a nasty yellowish color.

I didn't want anything plain white at all or anything that looked like a chicken but i did end up with one white naked neck x silkie and one white early generation show girl. The show girl still hasn't feathered out to be my favorite but the amount of sheen that comes off my white naked neck x silkie is amazing.

A fluffy white showgirl is what I want!!!
big_smile.png

Well my past springs NN's are just starting to lay now. So I am now getting about 8 eggs per day. They are finally adults. It is great to know that I have them to the point to where they are laying eggs finally. Now I can't wait until spring when I can start hatching out some chicks.

Well my past springs NN's are just starting to lay now. So I am now getting about 8 eggs per day. They are finally adults. It is great to know that I have them to the point to where they are laying eggs finally. Now I can't wait until spring when I can start hatching out some chicks.

I'm with you on the spring and getting eggs. I do have some that are hatching now. They should start laying by the fall so I can have fresh eggs in tbe winter.

I love hatching our on eggs. This past summer we let one of our other hens go broody and now here chicks are half grow, it will still be a few months before they start laying. But most of what I got this past spring came from cackle. The NN's I was very happy with from there. But this year I want the pleasure of having some hatch out in the incubator even if I sell the chicks. It's just so much fun. I would love to have me a million NN chicks, to me they are my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom