Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Still waiting for my NN eggs to hatch. It's day 6....and I'm trying to be patient.
fl.gif

In your experience, do NN make good mothers? Do they go broody often? I've found mixed reports on-line but mostly from hatcheries. The eggs I bought are from NPIP breeders instead of hatchery stock, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Thanks! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Still waiting for my NN eggs to hatch. It's day 6....and I'm trying to be patient.
fl.gif

In your experience, do NN make good mothers? Do they go broody often? I've found mixed reports on-line but mostly from hatcheries. The eggs I bought are from NPIP breeders instead of hatchery stock, so I'm not sure if that will make a difference.

Thanks! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have not had any go broody not even my older girl Turken she has not gone broody. She is 4 years old now, and the reason why I got hooked on NN's. However with 12 girls now, I should be able to find out this spring and summer if they do or not.

I have not had any go broody not even my older girl Turken she has not gone broody. She is 4 years old now, and the reason why I got hooked on NN's. However with 12 girls now, I should be able to find out this spring and summer if they do or not.

I had one to go broody on me, she wasn't even a year old. Today is her birthday.
I think the bloodline is the reason for the broodies though. She is 1/4 game bantam. She is a little smaller than a Leghorn though so she is going to my grandsons house. He wants a NN.

I've heard of them going broody though. I think a lot of it comes if they were raised by broodies themselves. JMOHO.

I had one to go broody on me, she wasn't even a year old. Today is her birthday.
I think the bloodline is the reason for the broodies though. She is 1/4 game bantam. She is a little smaller than a Leghorn though so she is going to my grandsons house. He wants a NN.

I've heard of them going broody though. I think a lot of it comes if they were raised by broodies themselves. JMOHO.
You know I was wondering about that as well. My only 2 broodies that I ever had came from brood hens, where the ones we incubate never go broody.

Wouldn't also depend on the cross? I've heard certain breeds are more broody than others, so you would have better chances of a broody NN if it's cross was a breed known for becoming broody wouldn't you?

Back
Top Bottom